Sponsored

Official 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Press Release, Specifications, Photos & Videos

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Jim Owens in a couple videos.
Oh, you mean the clown who said "venom kills demons" then got reprimanded from Ford and banned from public appearances until the car's release?

Also, so many people getting bent out of shape about a piece of advice... can someone please point out where ANYONE said you CAN'T mod a GT500 for drag racing? Yes, it's a fucking stupid idea, but that doesn't mean you can't, it just means that you'd be stupid to
Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
get a 5.2 engine, a DCT, and retrofit the GT500 body onto the base GT.
There's that classic Shelby mentality... flex that brochure a little harder, bby

Last edited:

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Oh, you mean the clown who said "venom kills demons" then got reprimanded from Ford and banned from public appearances until the car's release?
The very same.

However I would not call him a clown.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
please stop dictating what I do with my money :x And then start listening to what ford is building this car for :) And then tell me what it will cost to get a 5.2 engine, a DCT, and retrofit the GT500 body onto the base GT..

I have no ability to dictate what you do with your money, but don't get all butthurt about people telling you how stupid it is.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
It reaaaaally bothers me when other people attempt to dictate what another person should/shouldnt do with their belongings. But to be clear, Drag car, no, im done with drag cars, well, building a drag specific car for that.. but to drag race a 2020gt500 is well within its intended use.

and Stock? lol.. for the first 100 miles maybe

r1.jpg
r2.jpg
I am not telling you what to do, putting slicks or drag radials on the car is fine.

However tuning a 2020 GT500 so soon is not a good idea.

It has taken Ford years to get it all just right (we hope) don’t think that a tuner can get it right in a few weeks.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
i forgot, the sidleline cheerleaders know what to use the car for.. im sorry , i thought a car designed for the 1/4 mile, most powerful ever, might be used for more than driving to the cars and coffee, or the home depot auto cross. silly me.. so stupid to want and able to buy weekend car and drag race it :( stupid stupid stupid

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base

Also, so many people getting bent out of shape about a piece of advice... can someone please point out where ANYONE said you CAN'T mod a GT500 for drag racing? Yes, it's a fucking stupid idea, but that doesn't mean you can't, it just means that you'd be stupid to
Jim was just at Shelby America about three weeks ago with the new car. He’s still the face of this project don’t you doubt.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
thought a car designed for the 1/4 mile,
That's called the Demon. This wasn't designed for the quarter mile. If you can't see that, no one can help you. Will it be fast there? Sure. Doesn't make it a 1/4 mile car.

Point is that a supercharged GT, for approximately half the total amount, will definitely be a faster car at the strip.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Anything that eats up other high HP cars basically makes a 1/4 mile car.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
It reaaaaally bothers me when other people attempt to dictate what another person should/shouldnt do with their belongings. But to be clear, Drag car, no, im done with drag cars, well, building a drag specific car for that.. but to drag race a 2020gt500 is well within its intended use.

and Stock? lol.. for the first 100 miles maybe

r1.jpg
r2.jpg
Have to say I agree. People buy their vehicles for different reasons and different purposes. I find it funny when people say what you Can't do with a car.....but yet it was built to do exactly that.
Jim Owens is marketing over at Ford ? or some higher level job, but he has been the front man. In the Shelby bash, I think he talks about the trims. But he does mention that if living your life a 1/4 mile at a time in 10 secs or less, then the base GT500 is for you.
Jim Owens is a total idiot. Guys writing words his ass can’t cash.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Anything that eats up other high HP cars basically makes a 1/4 mile car.
A McLaren Senna is a very fast car in a straight line. Is it a 1/4 mile car?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
A McLaren Senna is a very fast car in a straight line. Is it a 1/4 mile car?
If it kicks ass at the drag strip then it's a "1/4 mile car" ... that's the point. The GT500 might be very fast at the drag strip, regardless if Ford didn't make that the main focus of the car. Ford wanted to make the GT500 do many things well, and going fast from a stop to 1320 ft will most likely be part of it's abilities.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
That's called the Demon. This wasn't designed for the quarter mile. If you can't see that, no one can help you. Will it be fast there? Sure. Doesn't make it a 1/4 mile car.

Point is that a supercharged GT, for approximately half the total amount, will definitely be a faster car at the strip.
The 2020 GT500 was not designed for the drag strip only like the demon, however I would not say that it is not a 1/4 mile car.

In my opinion (at least the 2 base Gversions) is a car that will beat almost everything on the street and also do very well at the drag strip and the track.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
The 2020 GT500 was not designed for the drag strip only like the demon, however I would not say that it is not a 1/4 mile car.

In my opinion (at least the 2 base Gversions) is a car that will beat almost everything on the street and also do very well at the drag strip and the track.

The thing about the Demon isn’t that it’s such a great engineered car for the strip.

It’s a great engine plus tire glue and skinnies up front.
Seriously.

Just put some skinnies on the ZL1 and glue the rear tires and you will see a huge difference in strip times.

The GT500 is going to surprise a lot of people and hurt serious feelings without resorting to things like that.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
The thing about the Demon isn’t that it’s such a great engineered car for the strip.

It’s a great engine plus tire glue and skinnies up front.
Seriously.

Just put some skinnies on the ZL1 and glue the rear tires and you will see a huge difference in strip times.

The GT500 is going to surprise a lot of people and hurt serious feelings without resorting to things like that.
Lmao
Are you stating the GT500 is capable of going as quick as the demon without the use of skinnies and drag radials?
Sponsored