Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
I think if Ford used cylinder deactivation they would have announced it. I think the combination of the 10 speed auto, Dual injection, better aero and plasma bore spray let them hit their MPG goals. We as car consumers definitely don't want the cylinder deactivation, there's alot of horror stories out there from the GM and Mopar guys.

On another note, please Ford keep a base GT with PP2 at or below $40k. I honestly could care less about the magnetic shocks or the optional exhaust.
Cylinder deactivation IS likely coming at some point. In the tech articles on the 5.0 when it launched, mention was made of how both banks have the oil feed for the valve train at the front of the head. In addition to VVT (and potentially variable valve lift), cylinder deactivation is one such thing that would require the oil feed be at the front of the head.
The optional wheels on my '03 GT where forged? Never knew that. :cheers:
If memory serves, yes. I don't recall if they were advertised as such (been a while since I looked at an 03/04 Mustang brochure), but the design was clearly the 99/01 SVT Cobra wheel, and I know those were advertised as being forged.
Sponsored

BMill705

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Also hidden in the instrument cluster photo is the new HP rating: tach reads 4,700RPM, or 470HP;)
Good catch, I've seen 2 different pictures online,each with different rev limits,but as you pointed out both are at that same rpm, but they are also both in 4th gear at 55mph. Maybe it's 455HP base ,and 470HP PP2?
Also want to point out I've read that the 1964.5 mustang offered two v8 engine options, a 260 with the coupe, and the 289 with the convertible. Maybe the PP2 option everyone is talking about is their way of offering 2 performance levels in the 18 GT, which would explain why the tribute to that particular model year.
New-Ford-Mustang-12-inch-LCD-digital-instrument-cluster-in-Sport-View.jpg
IMG_1778.png

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Re worked manual with direct drive 4th and two overdrives.... doesn't the Tremec have two overdrives?

I gotta drive this manual.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I'd only be interested in a motor swap for my car as from what I've seen in the released publications swapping DI to my engine won't be worth the effort if it's even possible. Don't care about FI problems, as my goal is over 500whp NA

Imo it only looks decent in magnetic, other than that from the pictures the 15to17 look much better

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Good catch, I've seen 2 different pictures online,each with different rev limits,but as you pointed out both are at that same rpm, but they are also both in 4th gear at 55mph. Maybe it's 455HP base ,and 470HP PP2?
Also want to point out I've read that the 1964.5 mustang offered two v8 engine options, a 260 with the coupe, and the 289 with the convertible. Maybe the PP2 option everyone is talking about is their way of offering 2 performance levels in the 18 GT, which would explain why the tribute to that particular model year.
FWIW - 4th gear, 55mph at 4700 rpm is pretty close to what a 10spd (using the ZL1 gear ratios) with 3.73 rear gear and 26.5" tire equals. With all the other numbers being "clues" I would agree that 455hp sounds about right.

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring
It's growing on me pretty fast because the front end it reminds me of the Mustang Giugiaro which I liked a lot back in 2007. I'm very excited about the active/quad exhaust, the magneride, the rear diffuser and the upgrades to the interior and engine. My choice will probably be the magnetic with red-line interior.
It's a GT350 at an affordable price without the mark-up either. Hopefully the GT premium, premier, PP with magneride and active exhaust stays below $44K!!

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It's growing on me pretty fast because the front end it reminds me of the Mustang Giugiaro which I liked a lot back in 2007. I'm very excited about the active/quad exhaust, the magneride, the rear diffuser and the upgrades to the interior and engine. My choice will probably be the magnetic with red-line interior.
It's a GT350 at an affordable price without the mark-up either. Hopefully the GT premium, premier, PP with magneride and active exhaust stays below $44K!!
Seeing that you can option a 2017 for $44 k I think a fully optioned 2018 with the addition of magride will be close to $50k

akirasan88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX7 / S2000 / 2012 mustang
Have we gotten any info on what the base interior looks like? same'ole crappy tiny screen?

Also, the drive modes. In the video they were changed via the toggles. Wonder what that means for the Base car.

God i hope they got rid of those fucken numbers around the screen. So dam tacky.

Thanks for any Info ahead of time :cheers:

PS sorry if this was mentioned, didnt see it in the tread.

Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The '68 Design Language is in full swing and looks better than expected. Like thePill said, there will be '15-'17 lovers and there will be '18-'20 lovers.

As reported, Port Direct Injection has arrived. We did the math already so the only surprise should be numbers over 475hp. 7400+RPM's and perhaps some of the GT350 lightweighting.

Ford increased the front track because they are engineers. They also shaved more front bumper cover away to open the lower grill.

The Voodoo will acquire the PDI and the GT350 may see fascia changes in 2018. With PDI standard, don't expect the GT500 to be supercharged. It will most likely host Ford's first Ecoboost V8. The new Truck lineup needs an EBV8.

The MSRP should see a 3% increase...

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
It's kinda growing on me. I'll still prefer the 2015-17 looks, but whatever.

I don't plan on trading in mine anytime soon anyway.

mstngracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Oxford White
Anyone notice whats in the background. Possible hint of an incoming Boss 302 or am I just dreaming lol.
2018.jpg

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
Anyone notice whats in the background. Possible hint of an incoming Boss 302 or am I just dreaming lol.

Yea i see it was another picture with a silver 13 GT in the background
Sponsored