Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
You aren't helping your cause, as most people agree that the 87-93 foxbodies were far...far better looking (both inside and out) than their 4-eye brethren. I had money offers every time I stopped at a gas station for my 89 notchback. Hell, IMHO...the "Cat Eye" parking lights is what triggered all of the aesthetic driving lights you see now.
Don't need to help my cause (try looking up Hagerty current values of 86 vs 87 GT).
Even with all the mechanical "upgrades" the 87's had, #2 and # 3 cars are worth a grand
or more less than 86's. Even a #1, 87 mustang GT is worth $500 less than an 86.

You can trot out all the subjective "evidence" you want, but actual prices people pay
reveal what is desirable and what is less desirable.

Yup, the mustang is the least ugly of all those pigs.
So what.................

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Don't need to help my cause (try looking up Hagerty current values of 86 vs 87 GT).
Even with all the mechanical "upgrades" the 87's had, #2 and # 3 cars are worth a grand
or more less than 86's. Even a #1, 87 mustang GT is worth $500 less than an 86.

You can trot out all the subjective "evidence" you want, but actual prices people pay
reveal what is desirable and what is less desirable.

Yup, the mustang is the least ugly of all those pigs.
So what.................
A car's value doesn't always have a coorilation to it's looks.

I'm old enough to remember everyone and their brother swapping the "4-eye" front ends for the "aero" as they were far more desirable. No one ever swapped the other direction.

BG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford F150, '17 Lincoln MKZ
Just saw a red 2018 with the black accent package driving around Dearborn, looks great. The more I see it in person the better it looks. Felt the same about 2015-2017. This car is far from ugly to me.

Sponsored

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
A few more things that I think have distracted me from fully liking the new front.

1) The front grill trim is gloss black, eliminating some body color from the front. It almost give it that no lip teeth smile look.

Orange-Fury-2018-Mustang-GT-657x360.jpg

image_large.jpg

2) Maybe it’s just the colors they have shown, but it looks like they have smoothed out most of the front bumper crease that I like. Notice how pronounced the vertical line is on the front of the MY15 bumpers…

maxresdefault.jpg

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
To me, the removal of that crease is an improvement, smoothing out the look.

It's all personal taste people, Ford didn't get lazy, or screw up, or whatever, they just made design choices some people don't like, but that other people do. If you're one of them that don't like the changes, I suggest that you A) don't take it personally, and B) don't buy one. Problems solved.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
We have been talking months and months and months on the appearance only because Ford hasn't given us the stuff that matters most, performance #'s. Come on already!

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
The front face of the Mazda, despite having the same triangular design as the 18 Mustang, just looks thick, like a pokamon character.
No...it's not. That is ugly to me as well.
You guys are entitled to think the RF is ugly. You're also entitled to think that the Lamborghini Muira is too flat or that the wings on that '57 Chevy are too pointy....or that Rembrandt was too heavy on the shading or that Michelangelo's David's proportions just "ruin the whole composition."

:frusty:

Please: Don't post pictures of your spouses/significant others. I am eating lunch.

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
This topic is really getting annoying. Can we please focus on posting new pictures, informations and stuff like that?

There are people who like the facelift and want to buy it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's fine to ruin to fun of everybody who cares about the facelift by posting every couple of days how ugly you think the car looks.

Design is always a matter of opinion. If you hate it, fine. But please have in mind that there are actually people out there who like the facelift and who would talk about the car without getting disrupted every page.

Guess this will be a lot of fun when first customer facelifts appear and still some people have to comment everything they don't like.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
This topic is really getting annoying. Can we please focus on posting new pictures, informations and stuff like that?

There are people who like the facelift and want to buy it. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's fine to ruin to fun of everybody who cares about the facelift by posting every couple of days how ugly you think the car looks.

Design is always a matter of opinion. If you hate it, fine. But please have in mind that there are actually people out there who like the facelift and who would talk about the car without getting disrupted every page.

Guess this will be a lot of fun when first customer facelifts appear and still some people have to comment everything they don't like.
The problem is there is no new information so the only thing left for people to do is complain. I still think it's crazy that they will be releasing it during a time when many people will be garaging these cars unless you live in the south.

AJ ROJO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

Ok I'll bite as I might be one of the few who apparently "ruin" your fun.

Last I saw this entire site is a Forum. The very definition of which is: a
place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Therefore a discussion and or exchange of opinions is what this whole site is about. Every car show or meet I have ever been to has had discussions (and perhaps poke fun at one another) over what someone likes about one car or another as well as particulars of the years of the same model represented.

I thought we were having a discussion in which we all were having some "fun" agreeing and disagreeing on different points between the new and old S550 body style. but now I see this is one of those discussions of "if you don't think the way I do then you have no voice and go away" because you are "annoying" type of things... :shrug:

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Ford just replaced their CEO after his tenure lost 40 percent of shareholder wealth. Not sure how he is responsible for a stock market that no longer trades on how a company is valued.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The '18MY bashing won't be tolerated for much longer......

Rest assured, once the order banks open and 2018s get into the hands of actual owners, any trolling/bashing will not be tolerated. The same courtesy that was extended to 2015 owners will be carried forward to the refresh.

Lets hope those order banks open soon :thumbsup:
Sponsored