Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I invested some time in photoshop and put the lightning blue mustang show that was posted a while ago on the perspective of the spyshot from carscoops (which is really close the the rendering by Kris)

I think the car looks absolutely amazing from this perspective. I hope this is close to how the car will look like in real life. :cheers:
config_lightning.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

PeterPerfect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z3 2.8
Round is still the optimum shape for directing light coming from what's basically a point source . . . where function is the concern (and should be here), aesthetic preferences do not trump physics, and the availability of "new technology" doesn't change that.

Norm

The current (15) round headlights are new technology, just not enough tech. If Ford had built self levellers into them they could be much brighter (function) than the weedy jobs fitted now.
As to the fog lights it is much better to have rectangular lights to keep the light beam low and wide to avoid glare. Function over style in this case.

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Would I go up to someone at cars and coffee and tell them their cars fugly? Nope, but I'm actually the type of person that votes with my wallet. Might I point out to you that I visit cars and coffee as well as other mustang shows and the overwhelming majority of people at those shows that's I've met have said that they don't like the look of the front end, so you can take that however you see fit. I could also care less about people that buy this car...that's their own prerogative. I explicitly stated in my comments earlier that I would be lining up to buy the 2018 if it looked like the render that ace posted but sadly it doesn't. So I don't see how I'm a hater or have sour grapes:shrug:!

You're going to see a ton of aftermarket bumpers that will fix what I think is wrong with the car and you will see how many people on this forum opt for those options when they come out. I'm not an apologists, I'm a realist and I'm not just going to settle for a 2018 just because people on this forum think I'm bitching and I sure as hell will not just go out and buy the car because it has a mustang badge on it. To each their own with this car, but once again a lot of you people on this forum would not be interested in the 2018 if it wasn't for the engine upgrades, quad tip active exhausts options, digital gauges, and magneride suspension.

I hear a lot of people on this forum saying "it's not that bad" "I don't love it but I don't hate it" "Im not a huge fan, I'm indifferent to It, but I like everything else". Is that honestly what you want to settle for with the 2018? To me, The lines of the front of the hood where it meets the lights is completely off compared to the 2015-2017. The lights by themselves look more aggressive, but dont flow with the lines of the car in my honest opinion especially when you compare it the how seamless the lines matched up on the 2015-2017. The front bumper looks smooshed down as they lowered the hood, but assumingly kept the overall specs of the height of the bumper. This makes the front bumper appear to sit higher and at more of an angle than the 2015-2017 even though it probably isn't. Again, I wanted to love this car and like it, but for me I could look at pictures of this car and see it in person everyday for the rest of my life and still wouldn't think the front looks good.
Ford killed the Mustang with the birth of the S550 Euro box, I don't hate them, I don't like them I don't bad mouth them,I just completely IGNORE them.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The current (15) round headlights are new technology, just not enough tech. If Ford had built self levellers into them they could be much brighter (function) than the weedy jobs fitted now.
As to the fog lights it is much better to have rectangular lights to keep the light beam low and wide to avoid glare. Function over style in this case.
Round is still better even for fog lights partly because it simplifies the 3D shape of the reflector. You just cut off the upper portion of the pattern in much the same way low beam H4 halogens have been doing for years (you'd also eliminate the little scrap of upper-right light that is intentionally left in place with H4's for sign illumination purposes).

I doubt Ford would ever justify self-levelling . . . for fog lights.

Norm

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I invested some time in photoshop and put the lightning blue mustang show that was posted a while ago on the perspective of the spyshot from carscoops (which is really close the the rendering by Kris)

I think the car looks absolutely amazing from this perspective. I hope this is close to how the car will look like in real life. :cheers:
That looks so good. I can't decide on this colour or my original choice of Magnetic (as to my previous MY16)

Sponsored

PeterPerfect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z3 2.8
Round is still better even for fog lights partly because it simplifies the 3D shape of the reflector. You just cut off the upper portion of the pattern in much the same way low beam H4 halogens have been doing for years (you'd also eliminate the little scrap of upper-right light that is intentionally left in place with H4's for sign illumination purposes).

I doubt Ford would ever justify self-levelling . . . for fog lights.

Norm
Rectangular lights...

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Some people are saying the 3rd gen Coyote will make 475hp.
It was posted on Face Book.....not a very reliable source.
I'm sticking to my guns by saying 460hp.

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
New technology from 2013.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I do find it quite surprising that there have not been leaks (at least any reliable consistent leaks). I've seen "sources" quoted anywhere from 455-475, although it seems the last couple I have seen have both been around 465. I guess that could be a leak suppression strategy on it's own. Leak enough different numbers and if the real number leaks it's lost in the crowd.

Somebody out there has got to know somebody who knows somebody.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Rough numbers are know. But so much changes up until the engine is certified.

I knew for some time what the demon was. That being said there were demons running around in the 4 digits.

Tweaks are continuely being made based on inputs from various groups.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I own a '14 GT and would not have bought a '15-'17 based on the looks, and the '18 fixed most of what I didn't like about the '15-'17. There's a few things that I don't like about the '18, but less than I didn't like about the '15-'17, so overall I prefer the looks of the '18
Wow, you said exactly what I'm thinking. I, too, have a '14 GT and did not like enough of the '15-'17's to buy one and think the '18 fixes what was wrong on the S550's. I even leased a '16 Challenger to tide me over for a few years to see what the '18+ Mustangs would bring. I'm keeping my '14 GT forever (street/strip car) while the '16 Challenger (then '18+ Mustang) are the daily drivers. Here's hoping for a '19 Mach 1 for drag strip aspirations!

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
lol. The difference is the front fascia. You couldn't have gotten an aftermarket bumper? Stop

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
My only negative of the car is that the lower part of the bumper is too high...
Sponsored