Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I hope they just give us one wheel in the UK like now.
I don't want to have to choose.
Believe it or not, Ford agonizes over that.

A major (but not only) reason for the disappearance of individual options and increase of multi-item "packages" was that lots of sales were lost by potential customers stressing about individual option choices. Some would just give up and some would leave to think about it and never come back. Manufacturers spend fortunes finding the sweet spot. Personally, I hate it. If I recall, I made 178 option decisions for a new car order in '77. A control freak's dream. LoL

Of course if the UK gets fewer choices than other markets, that could be taken as a slur. You wishy washy indecisive bunch, you. ;)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Probably another reason for the packages is the weird 'buying off the lot' system you guys have in the US. Overseas almost all cars are built to order and it's normal to wait a few months for delivery. No one here freaks over selecting options, it's actually the fun part of buying a new car. Buying a new car off the lot is like buying a used car. You rarely ever get what you really want.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Buying a new car off the lot is like buying a used car. You rarely ever get what you really want.
There typically is enough selection of the vehicles on the lot that it matches well with what people are looking for.

Realize when you're talking about people wanting customer Mustang configs it is like fraction of percent of car buyers in US. It isn't hard to guess what the average person buying a Civic or Camry wants and waiting months for an appliance like this when you can drive it home in an hour isn't something remotely acceptable.

And then there's a discount that comes with off the lot car...

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
There typically is enough selection of the vehicles on the lot that most of the time it matches well enough with what most people are looking for.
Fixed that for you.

It isn't hard to guess what the average person buying a Civic or Camry wants and waiting months for an appliance like this when you can drive it home in an hour isn't something remotely acceptable.
AKA the need for instant gratification. Shame on people.

The only car I've ever bought "off the lot" was the Maxima in my sig, and even that wasn't an immediate, sign and drive away purchase. Turns out only a couple thousand like it were built (20th Anniversary Edition), but I bought it for what it had . . . and for what it didn't have.

Norm

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I think for most it's just what people are used to doing.

Same reason why 90% of the people in Europe drive stick shifts. Makes no sense but it's just what people are used to do.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
And then there's a discount that comes with off the lot car...
Actually, other than year end left overs (or "mistakes" in ordering) they are stuck with, dealers (as opposed to floor salespeople) prefer special orders and sell them for LESS than cars on the lot. Dealers pay flooring/financing for cars on the lot, plus they have to maintain and repair the cars on the lot. A special order is in and out with zero cost to the dealer.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Believe it or not, Ford agonizes over that.

A major (but not only) reason for the disappearance of individual options and increase of multi-item "packages" was that lots of sales were lost by potential customers stressing about individual option choices. Some would just give up and some would leave to think about it and never come back. Manufacturers spend fortunes finding the sweet spot. Personally, I hate it. If I recall, I made 178 option decisions for a new car order in '77. A control freak's dream. LoL

Of course if the UK gets fewer choices than other markets, that could be taken as a slur. You wishy washy indecisive bunch, you. ;)
I guess for european markets they cut it down to 1 rim for the GT and 1 for the EB just because every rim has to get certified for sales in EU, which is quite expensive. So lower options -> More money for Ford. I think they didn't even dreamed of the sales they are getting here - Maybe with the facelift we get a few more options

Aurum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Has anyone sat in one of these (at a car show or something) and can speak to how visibility changes out the front windshield?

Since the hood is now slopped, I'm imagining the viewable area in the front has increased.

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
2018Mustang_ForddotCom_2160x1140.jpg

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Seems the 2018 EU model will not be shown at the Geneva Auto Show this week ...

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...debuts-as-ford-showcases-hot-selling-for.html

Shown in Geneva are two new special edition Ford Mustang models with unique styling and premium specification, now available for customers in Europe.
The Ford Mustang Black Shadow Edition is offered with Ford’s 421 PS 5.0-litre V8 engine, six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission, and in four body colour options – Platinum White, Triple Yellow, Race Red and Grabber Blue. Unique bodystyling includes a black Pony emblem for the GT grille; exclusive black 19-inch Y‑spoke alloy wheels; dissolve-effect black stripes along the prominent bonnet bulge ridges and across the body-side between the lower wheel arches; and black 5.0-litre badges on the front wings.

The Ford Mustang Blue Edition channels the spirit of classic Mustang models that featured eye-catching “Grabber” colours, offering the eye-catching Grabber Blue exterior body colour enhanced with central dissolve-effect black bonnet and roof stripes, and black 19-inch multi-spoke alloys wheels. Powertrain options include Ford’s 421 PS 5.0-litre V8 or 317 PS 2.3‑litre EcoBoost engine and six-speed manual or automatic transmissions.

“The Ford Mustang has no trouble standing out on European roads, and with the new Ford Mustang Black Shadow Edition and Blue Edition models, Mustang drivers will be turning even more heads,” said Roelant de Waard, vice president, Marketing, Sales & Service, Ford of Europe. “Special edition Ford Mustangs have been an important part of the Mustang story for more than 50 years, and now customers in Europe can play their own part in the iconic car’s rich special edition history.”

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Im still amazed at how many current owners seem to be interested in trading into the '18. Its still the same car with a few extras and a different looking front end. Nothing ground breaking.

I'd be interested in the next "all new" mustang.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
I have heard 460hp / 420lbft could be the numbers for the refresh, I hope I'm wrong. I want 480hp / 440lbft.
470 or more is my number to make me want 18. If I could get 480-500 @ the wheels with limited bolts ons, might call it good enough and not want FI.
Sponsored