Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
Has anyone sat in one of these (at a car show or something) and can speak to how visibility changes out the front windshield?

Since the hood is now slopped, I'm imagining the viewable area in the front has increased.
No, they keep the preproduction cars locked.
Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Im still amazed at how many current owners seem to be interested in trading into the '18. Its still the same car with a few extras and a different looking front end. Nothing ground breaking.

I'd be interested in the next "all new" mustang.
Yeah, it's a minor upgrade but it looks like a bigger change than the last mid cycle refresh (2013) that we saw. Heavily revised motor, some tasty new options and significantly different styling.

If you've been happy with your 2015 but you're starting to get near some heavy maintenance items, I can see the temptation to start fresh with an improved/refreshed car. :shrug:

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
470 or more is my number to make me want 18. If I could get 480-500 @ the wheels with limited bolts ons, might call it good enough and not want FI.
No 'limited bolt ons' are going to get you 480-500 'at the wheel' on a NA '18.Period. If you want to get even close to that, figure on dropping 6k with labor. Catless LT's, GT350 intake, Tune, CAI, and upgraded cams, you still wouldn't be there. FI gets you more bang for the buck, and remember there will be a lag with companies developing upgrades and mods. My bet is the '18 will come in at no more than 460hp, which is going to put you low 400's at the wheel.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
My plan to sell my 00 Mustang to pay for (most of) the taxes on an 18GT just went to shit because some gutless ************ in a bro-dozer gave the driver's side of my parked car a partial make-over with their 33" mud-terrain tires on Friday and ran away. God, I hate lifted pick up trucks and their owners. Might consider donating the car to charity now, or gut the thing and sell it for parts.

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning

Sponsored

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
The top shot there is definitely one of the better angles for the refresh. The bottom shot less so.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I can't get over how seriously out of place those thin 5 spoke star wheels look on this car. They'd probably look great on a SN95 or fox body. S197/S550 is way too big for them. I think maybe tapering them towards the ends of the spokes was a bad design call.

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
I can't get over how seriously out of place those thin 5 spoke star wheels look on this car. They'd probably look great on a SN95 or fox body. S197/S550 is way too big for them. I think maybe tapering them towards the ends of the spokes was a bad design call.
The forged ones on the red car there? I love those! Of course, I have the Roush Quicksilver wheels on my S550, which these are similar to... ;)
Sponsored