Sponsored

Official: 2015 Mustang to be revealed December 5 in Six Cities Worldwide! [& Teaser]

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
BUT WHO WAS REAR BACKUP CAMERA??
Sponsored

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
CAN I GET ANOTHET HELL YEAH!?!?!?
X10000. Need moaaar facts less rumors!

All the early indications were for an April, 2014 unveiling. Now it's officially December 5th. So it appears that Ford moved up the debut date. I blame Mustang6G... :lol:
I do wonder if the leaked track spy pics or CAD renders had anything to do with it. It still seems strange to me that we had every indication they were going to do the usual camouflage strip tease and then they just sort of went nowhere with it and shut it down completely.

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
You all knew I couldn't resist.

Please don't scrutinize my sad-a55 pony, she was never intended for an extreme closeup.
rearPony.gif

Sponsored

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
That's a cool effect man!

Why did you smooth over the gaps tho? This has to be the production finish for whatever part that is so it shouldn't change.

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
Don't believe it is the rear deck lid. Definitely not a door sill. Way to go Ford, getting the hype and conjecture engine revved up even more!

four0six

Threads
Reaction score
Why did you smooth over the gaps tho? This has to be the production finish for whatever part that is so it shouldn't change.
True, that bezel would probably line up nicely with the chrome trim around your taillights, chazcron.

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
What gap-smoothing are you referring to?
Maybe I'm just interpreting the teaser pic wrong. It just looks like there's a gap from the pony emblem to the red part. If this IS a door sill then it looks to me like the teaser is showing a separation from the door sill to the top of the rocker panel I guess. Your transition from image 1 to image 2 seems to close that off. Anyway reading too much into it I know. Just curious why you changed it.

Sponsored

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP

So, circled on the top is what appears to be a plastic trim panel screw. In the middle is a HORRIBLE gap, and circled on the bottom is a big old section with missing paint.

Do we really think the car is going to have visible panel screws on the outside, panel gaps that rival those seen in the 80's, and would they(Ford) use a picture with beat up paint for a teaser image?

How do we know this is not a fan submitted photo of "something" with a pony emblem slapped on to it from the #MustangInspires website?

http://www.mustanginspires.com/en-us/

I really don't think this is a teaser of S550, and if it is, I don't think it is the trunk lid. Based on that photo, I sure as hell hope it ISN'T. JMO.

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
If this is the decklid that could possibly be where you insert the key to open the trunk
If you blow up the pic, it looks like a phillips head screw. Also, I am not sure it would be very functional to insert the key straight up instead of straight in.

I just don't think anything is refined enough in that pic to be part of the exterior of the car. I know everyone will believe what they want, but I don't think this is S550, or the trunk lid.

GTsquid

I hate to break it to you Jesse but this is the S550. Straight from the horse's mouth.

tarmac-grill.jpeg

That said I dont think there's any reason to get too worried over a zoomed in snippet of the car.
Screen Shot 2013-11-20 at 12.03.08 AM.jpg
Sponsored