Sponsored

Official: 2015 Mustang to be revealed December 5 in Six Cities Worldwide! [& Teaser]

mrkrabz

Threads
Reaction score
I believe that it's a backup camera. The screw hole theory doesn't work because whatever it is, it has to be aesthetic due to the shiny pony logo, and they're not going to put a screw hole right next to a nice, polished logo.
My bet is that it's the rear decklid with a backup camera. The "scratch" is just a reflection or some kind of sensor.
Sponsored

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
I hate to break it to you Jesse but this is the S550. Straight from the horse's mouth.

That said I dont think there's any reason to get too worried over a zoomed in snippet of the car.
Interesting -- I didn't even see that. I am not worried, it is what it is and people won't, myself included. I still don't think it is the trunk lid. Too much seems "off".

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I really don't think this is a teaser of S550, and if it is, I don't think it is the trunk lid. Based on that photo, I sure as hell hope it ISN'T. JMO.
Taken from Ford's own Mustang Facebook page, the one that announces the date of the 2015 Mustang reveal, which is a repost of the image from the official Ford Motor Company Facebook page? That image?

It's real. It may not be the trunklid, but all signs point to "yes" They can be forgiven for not drilling down and retouching deep into the shadows. I don't think it is a "quality" issue. It is a pre-production car.

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
Other more I look at it, the more certainty I have that it is not the decklid. What if it's just a snippet of something under the hood, like part of an engine cover?

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Would love a mustang pointing out the back for all to see as I'm pulling hard in third :))))

Sponsored

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
Other more I look at it, the more certainty I have that it is not the decklid. What if it's just a snippet of something under the hood, like part of an engine cover?
Too obscure. What better way to trumpet the dismissal of the fake gas cap than to make it the teaser. I like the gas cap as a badge, but I think this makes it more"'European", like a Ferrari:
ferrari-599-gtb-fiorano-trunk.jpg

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302

So, circled on the top is what appears to be a plastic trim panel screw. In the middle is a HORRIBLE gap, and circled on the bottom is a big old section with missing paint.

Do we really think the car is going to have visible panel screws on the outside, panel gaps that rival those seen in the 80's, and would they(Ford) use a picture with beat up paint for a teaser image?

How do we know this is not a fan submitted photo of "something" with a pony emblem slapped on to it from the #MustangInspires website?

http://www.mustanginspires.com/en-us/

I really don't think this is a teaser of S550, and if it is, I don't think it is the trunk lid. Based on that photo, I sure as hell hope it ISN'T. JMO.
My take on the image is this. The circle at top is light play, nothing more. The gap below shows to me that this tail panel opens up at this point. Since this is too high for a truck, I'd say it's a hatchback. And I'm betting the panel that looks black from the rear is transparent from inside.

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
The bottom circle is the license plate light.............
Okay, you just convinced me that this is a picture of the new decklid. The top circle does look like a backup camera.

Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
The bottom circle is the license plate light.............
Lol nice first post. I'm so stoked I just want to go dark until Dec. 5.... yeah right not goona happen :)

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The 12:01am embargo lift is NY time on December 5 for the release of images. That's 4:01pm Sydney time. The actual physical reveal of the vehicle will take place quite late in the evening for us as it coincides with the physical reveal in the other countries, but we just scrape in before the calendar clicks over to December 6 ;-)
Right, thanks for clarifying. As to Ford's statement -- "Reveal" as in when the design will be shown, via pictures perhaps, after the embargo lifts. "Debut" as in the worldwide events that will likely be broadcast live. We doubt the latter will be 12:01am ET. Probably past Mulally's bedtime. ;)

theduke

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
'88 Saleen Conv, '11 Brembo GT, '17 Premium PP
Too obscure. What better way to trumpet the dismissal of the fake gas cap than to make it the teaser. I like the gas cap as a badge, but I think this makes it more"'European", like a Ferrari:
This!^^^^
Can't wait to see if this holds true.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Right, thanks for clarifying. As to Ford's statement -- "Reveal" as in when the design will be shown, via pictures perhaps, after the embargo lifts. "Debut" as in the worldwide events that will likely be broadcast live. We doubt the latter will be 12:01am ET. Probably past Mulally's bedtime. ;)
Thanks Falcman, Jarstang :)

12:01am is currently 05:01am in the UK............damn time zones :doh:

(guess I'll be booking a days leave!)

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert