Not open for further replies.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Yea, everyone is human. I beat a click it or ticket citation because I knew what the stop was for and pulled into a business I knew had cameras. Cop said I put the belt on after I stopped. Camera said otherwise. The 100 dollar gift card at Jeff Rubies for the most belt citations is good incentive.

I had a Sgt tell me My Job is to arrest people, and I'll arrest you if I think I can get away with it.

He was gotten rid of, but it took a long time due to civil service laws and his military handicap.

So hey Federal law says 10,000 in cash is an automatic forfeiture, makes BillyBob look good on his next review.

Oh I'm pro cop, not so much bureaucracy.
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Everyone deserves respect. A little extra doesn’t hurt when given to someone who is willing to do a job with their life if necessary. Especially one that you’re not willing to do but generally benefit from everyday.
I disagree. No-one deserves respect. Respect is something you must earn, it's not a divine right.
A policeman is supposed to be a highly trained professional, who can do his job correctly and lawfully irrespective of his personal feelings. If the way he does this job depends on how much he likes you, then he's not fit for being a policeman, and he's the very reason why people hate the police.

Last edited:

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
I disagree. No-one deserves respect. Respect is something you must earn, it's not a divine right.
A policeman is supposed to be a highly trained professional, who can do his job correctly and lawfully irrespective of his personal feelings. If the way he does this job depends on how much he likes you, then he's not fit for being a policeman, and he's the very reason why people hate the police.
People don't hate the police comrade

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
My example is a private sale.
Doh! Yeah, cash is king for private sale (unless the seller has a finance department LoL). Everyone loves cash.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Everyone deserves respect. A little extra doesn’t hurt when given to someone who is willing to do a job with their life if necessary. Especially one that you’re not willing to do but generally benefit from everyday.
So if I don't give all due respect, then what? Again, you are proving my point here. If I am an asshole to you on a traffic stop and you put the screws to me, then it is OK since I was not being respectful?

The everyone deserves respect idea is nonsense. Respect is earned, always.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the availability of cameras in every hand I have no idea how this would continue. I am familiar with CAF and in VA it requires court proceedings to validate the seizure. Thats just nuts taking money without probable cause that a crime is actually occurring. With today’s society there is no way I would travel I-10 with more than $100 for fear of being robbed. There are occasions where cash is required but a certified check or wire transfer negates most all of them. Theres usually only 1 occupation that requires cash, pharmaceutical representative, and not the legal type.
So I am a drug dealer if I am by myself and have a lot of cash? Again, proving my point here. Everyone is a criminal, even when doing no criminal acts. No one can justify to me the taking of money from citizens without due process. It's a bullshit system used by police to make easy money. Frankly, it is a shameful act.

It is none of your damn business how much cash I have on me.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to buy things with cash. If I want to buy that GT350 I see advertised. I like to go with cash. Why? maybe I can get it cheaper.
What is the saying? Money talks. Guy wants 60K and if he is looking at 4 10K banded 100 dollar bills he might just take it. Plus I can toss another on top before I leave. Put a 40K check in front of him and he will laugh.

Asset forfeiture has got to be reeled in. 1st, 4th,5th amendments maybe more.
Finally something we agree on 100%.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If I am an asshole to you on a traffic stop and you put the screws to me, then it is OK since I was not being respectful?
Is it okay?

If I drop something heavy and crush my foot, I'd never ask if it was okay or be surprised or feel gravity done me wrong.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
[/QUOTE]
So if I don't give all due respect, then what? Again, you are proving my point here. If I am an asshole to you on a traffic stop and you put the screws to me, then it is OK since I was not being respectful?

The everyone deserves respect idea is nonsense. Respect is earned, always.
Stick with it. You’re going places. :like:

Last edited:

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it okay?

If I drop something heavy and crush my foot, I'd never ask if it was okay or be surprised or feel gravity done me wrong.
That's ridiculous.

So a cop can violate my rights (or treat me differently) if he doesn't get enough respect from me? Someone so sensitive should not be in law enforcement.

Seems this practice is so endemic that it is akin to a force of nature. How sad.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[/QUOTE]

I've been places, thank you.

Your attitude here just proves my point - again.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I've been places, thank you.

Your attitude here just proves my point - again.
[/QUOTE]
Life is a mirror. You get back what you put out. Ask the kids who always ended up with the crushed up cookies.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[/QUOTE]
Life is a mirror. You get back what you put out. Ask the kids who always ended up with the crushed up cookies.
[/QUOTE]

So, behave or you will crush my cookies...? Mmm-kay.

...and I am the one who lacks respect, huh?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.