Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

SilverTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Cobra Vert
Got it, thank you guys. Just noticed that. Have never been a big fan of orange but as this will primarily be a track car / occasional canyon carver toy I am thinking of going with something a bit different. Love the iconic and black looks mean as hell too but I saw a black Mach 1 with some dust / dirt on it the other day and honestly just looked like every single other black GT on the road.

So I am still torn but leaning towards a de-striped Fighter Jet Gray and just going with the orange calipers as that is only option.

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Got it, thank you guys. Just noticed that. Have never been a big fan of orange but as this will primarily be a track car / occasional canyon carver toy I am thinking of going with something a big different. Love the iconic and black looks mean as hell too but I saw a black Mach 1 with some dust / dirt on it the other day and honestly just looked like very single other black GT on the road.

So I am still torn but leaning towards a de-striped Fighter Jet Gray and just going with the orange calipers as that is only option.
The red calipers through @LevittownFordParts are pretty cheap if you wanted to swap. And you could donate the orange ones to me because Iā€™m such a nice guy and want a set of spares :giggle:

Helsinki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach 1 - Grabber Blue Metallic
I do like the stripes, as it has been said before: it helps to quickly differentiate it from other Mustang models. That being said, I also like the clean look, specially on a car with a bright colored paint. Either way, I think it's a great car... I just wish Ford would've decided to give it an original hood as well. This is mine in Grabber Blue Metallic:

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-19 at 1.47.40 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-18 at 3.04.04 PM.jpeg

Sponsored

Helsinki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can only suggest that... if you are not 100% sure, then don't @cerbomark! There's no going back after removing it :p

Thanks.

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I do like the stripes, as it has been said before: it helps to quickly differentiate it from other Mustang models. That being said, I also like the clean look, specially on a car with a bright colored paint. Either way, I think it's a great car... I just wish Ford would've decided to give it an original hood as well. This is mine in Grabber Blue Metallic:

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-19 at 1.47.40 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-18 at 3.04.04 PM.jpeg
Did the dealership remove the stripes?

Helsinki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did the dealership remove the stripes?
Nope. I asked the guy who has worked on my previous cars. He used a heat gun. The ones on the side came off right away. The one on the hood required a lot more work. After removing it, it's important to remove any glue residue left on the car.

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Nope. I asked the guy who has worked on my previous cars. He used a heat gun. The ones on the side came off right away. The one on the hood required a lot more work. After removing it, it's important to remove any glue residue left on the car.
I'm hoping to get a Mach1 and go stripeless.

Sponsored

Stoutblock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
Thunderbird
Iā€™ve always liked the clean look of the Bullitt and the only thing I donā€™t like about the M1 are the stripes. Knowing how easy they can be removed makes a new purchase decision much easier for me. Now for spoiler delete?

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve always liked the clean look of the Bullitt and the only thing I donā€™t like about the M1 are the stripes. Knowing how easy they can be removed makes a new purchase decision much easier for me. Now for spoiler delete?
You don't want a rear spoiler?

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Now for spoiler delete?
Not possible, there's holes in the trunk. What makes you not want the spoiler? Not a track guy? Why get Mach 1 then, when you don't need aero or track endurance, don't like stripes and spoiler? šŸ˜ Cheaper to get GT and adjust suspension a bit.
Sponsored