Sponsored

PPF/Ceramic Coatings on Mach 1 Stripes...?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach-1
Is it worth it? If you track the car often enough, yes you will need PPF. If occasionally only, there are much cheaper one-day alternatives that you peel off when you’re back from the track.

For non-track use, the argument is that PPF is cheaper than repainting your front/hood/a-pillars every X years. But then PPF has to be replaced every Y years. So I don’t find the cost argument compelling one way or another.

Ceramic coating is not an alternative to PPF. It just makes washing the car easier and brings a nice shine to it. You can apply ceramic coating on top of PPF.
For track use, which areas would you recommend to PPF?
Sponsored

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 premium 6MT ER
If you are cost cautious, it is all the paint you see when you crouch 20ft in front of your car. Plus side mirrors and side skirts.

Here is a good illustration for a corvette.
D5B9FE62-F20B-4BF3-A0D4-B5215CA3F4D4.png

Note that I’ve seen 911s at the Porsche driving school wearing a clear bra only on half of the hood. With the long and curving hood of the Mustang, that would make sense too.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
So mine had Ceramic already applied to it by dealer. The PPF place I found said they can do paint correction to remove the ceramic before applying the PPF. But I don't know if I want to do that, I think I will just ceramic coat the wheels and decal. Any of you had the ceramic removed to apply the PPF?

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack

I will say that PPF and Ceramic costs have gone up significantly so the question soon will become respraying the bumper versus bothering with PPF.
The only issue with a respray is it could show up as body work on the cars history.

I have my car completely covered in Llumar Matte, However I got all the decals cut out so no PPF on it. I wanted the mix of matte to gloss to flat. My wife is the installer as this is what she does so it was really simple for her. I have the whole thing coated with Feynlab matte ceramic
PICS! Please :)

I would suggest the whole car. While most of the damage may happen as in the previous response with the image of the corvette, I've had damage show up in places you didn't expect. My 19 PP2 had the whole front of the car done, backs of mirrors, a pillars and the like the first 8" of roof. I had stuff further back on the roof. All down the rockers. In front of and behind the rear tires. When I ordered my M1 I made sure to budget for full PPF. It may mean I have to keep the car for 10 years to make it worthwhile but we'll see :D
Sponsored