Sponsored

OEM Mach 1 HP Metallic Spoiler

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
It has been almost TWO YEARS, and nobody seems to be providing the Mach 1 spoiler. I don't mean the GT350/GT500 gloss spoiler. The Mach 1 HP has a Mach 1 specific finish on the spoiler directly from factory. To my best knowledge there is only one supplier in Australia who claims they get it directly from ford like that. It is over $2000 when shipped to the USA and they refuse to supply me the part code or how to get it from ford. I sent out a few requests to old dealership sales people I know and none responded.

GT350 / GT500 Gloss Spoiler
w1_c57dcd0b-4dfa-4e81-8511-22e52cc72643_1024x1024.jpg

Mach 1 Metallic Satin
IMG_E1854__83223.1630639712.jpg

There are several now dead links regarding this issue but I believe it is the equivalent of a GT350/GT500 Primed spoiler + Dark gray base + Ford Magnetic Metallic paint 5FM6 + satin clear coat.
Sponsored

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
In reading the thread from the people who sourced the spoiler in Australia, the dealer was outsourcing the painting and stated it did not arrive from the factory painted. I don’t believe a painted OEM version exists yet.

Obsidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 White
Opening this thread up again to see if anything has changed since. I feel like there are leftover ones from production or at least that’s what I would hope for since they gave them away for 23’. For those that did have the FP painted, does anyone have an estimated cost?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It’s just J7 Matte. Ford’s famous (and good looking I might add) Magnetic Metallic from 2015-2018.

Sponsored

OP
OP

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Ehh its not "just anything" if you cant buy it. @Obsidian your best bet is really just getting it off a wreck or buying it black and getting it painted this is probably how Ford is making them. If that's the code, a good body shop will have software that gives them the exact OEM mix.

Obsidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 White
Ehh its not "just anything" if you cant buy it. @Obsidian your best bet is really just getting it off a wreck or buying it black and getting it painted this is probably how Ford is making them. If that's the code, a good body shop will have software that gives them the exact OEM mix.
Thanks fellow Mike

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Now you can “buy it”. See below…

IMG_6065.jpeg

IMG_6064.jpeg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That is indeed the paint code for all the Mach 1 HP parts that are the satin gray color. J7 Magnetic Metallic, it is just a matte/satin finish for those parts (vs the gloss finish that was used for the S550 body color). A good paint shop would be able to do it no problem.

There’s another thread about it and someone was trying to source it via a dealer but they don’t seem to be having any luck. They have specific part numbers and catalog codes but can’t seem to actually get it. It seems the best option is to order the FP GT500/Mach spoiler in gloss black and have it painted.

Obsidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 White
I’m actually on the fence about leaving it black since it goes well with the white car. Only concern is it wouldn’t quite match OEM machs, but then again it’s probably not that important

Sponsored

RRMach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I’m actually on the fence about leaving it black since it goes well with the white car. Only concern is it wouldn’t quite match OEM machs, but then again it’s probably not that important
Reviving a dead thread here again, but did you end up leaving it gloss black? I'm in a similar spot, bought the gloss black spoiler which would look good on my red Mach 1, but it wouldn't match the other accents.