Sponsored

OEM GT350R Spoiler or multiple CF pieces?

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
Thanks! Looks good. How much does it weigh?

This one: https://andersoncomposites.com/coll...ang-double-sided-carbon-fiber-gt350-stylehood

is closest I found on your site. Doesn’t have the pins. Says they’re recommended etc. also says install might require modification for windshield washer nozzles. It doesn’t clear the nozzles? They’re not hood mounted.
That 350 style hood weighs 25 lbs. Keep in mind that is our GT350 "style" hood, not our Shelby GT350 hood. They will not interchange. Regarding the windshield washer fitment. You might have to file a bit for the nozzles, but there are no provisions for the washer hose that goes to the opposite nozzle to hold it up. All of our hoods do not come with pins installed or supplied. We state they are required, whether you purchase from us or another seller/retailer. Pins can be mounted in slightly different areas and orientation, not to mention, different styles. You should always use pins on any aftermarket composite hood.

This is link for our GT350 hood
https://andersoncomposites.com/coll...-mustang-gt350-double-sided-carbon-fiber-hood
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R, 11' GT500, 07' GT500, 04' Mach 1
I just got back into town from SCCA Solo Nationals, I'll post some pics soon
Here's some info for now
CF Hood saved 8 lbs
CF Trunk saved 10 lbs
CF Dry doors saved 31 lbs per side
My R is down to 3470
And my vote is for a Dry Hood with Vents!!

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I just got back into town from SCCA Solo Nationals, I'll post some pics soon
Here's some info for now
CF Hood saved 8 lbs
CF Trunk saved 10 lbs
CF Dry doors saved 31 lbs per side
My R is down to 3470
And my vote is for a Dry Hood with Vents!!
Damn - those doors are serious business. The dry carbon looks wicked.

What vents are you using on your CF hood?

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Damn - those doors are serious business. The dry carbon looks wicked.

What vents are you using on your CF hood?
Just the stock vent for now, I pulled the weather stripping from the back so get some heat out of the engine compartment

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just the stock vent for now, I pulled the weather stripping from the back so get some heat out of the engine compartment

Ahh, ok. How much did removing the weatherstripping help? Did it help reduce hood flutter as well?

Sponsored

Mach4.6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Ahh, ok. How much did removing the weatherstripping help? Did it help reduce hood flutter as well?
I really can't say how much it help, I left it off from the start?
You will need hood pins for sure, the hood starts to lift at 80 mph

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Would you prefer a wet carbon fiber or dry carbon fiber hood?
Ideally we would want something under 25 pounds. Something that keeps the GT350 center depression and vent but adds the side louvres from the Kohr GT4 style hood would be ideal and something I'd quickly snap up.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Ideally we would want something under 25 pounds. Something that keeps the GT350 center depression and vent but adds the side louvres from the Kohr GT4 style hood would be ideal and something I'd quickly snap up.
Agreed!

Anderson Composites

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.andersoncomposites.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2021 Ford Broncos (2 and 4-door)
So, maybe something like the 2019 GT500 hood?

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
So, maybe something like the 2019 GT500 hood?
Slightly, though the GT500 just has the center louvres. I was referring to how the GT4 race cars have not only the center louvres but also the side louvres (the ones just above the hood clips in the image below). Or keep the GT350 non-louvre'd single vent center, and just add the GT4 side louvres in. That way it would keep the characteristic single vent center of the GT350 hood, while adding the side vent areas for not only heat extraction but also venting to minimize hood lift. Over on the track Mustangs forum guys have been adding these vents onto hoods and just affixing them with rivets, screws, or bonding. It would be wonderful to have a lighter weight hood with these style vents already incorporated into the carbon for a more finished look.
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Disregard the GT badge and focus on the wing and the fact that one of the best drivers around isn't getting much deflection from it. The weave, the resin, and the design make it extremely lightweight but also remarkably strong.

pro-racer-billy-johnson-helped-perfect-the-2018-mustang-ppl2-0012.jpg

It'd take quite a bit of repair that would extend far beyond the crack to get it close to that of a new wing.
Epiphany, who made this spoiler?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Since that's BJ, I'd venture to guess it's a real deal Multimatic piece. Just a guess.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Since that's BJ, I'd venture to guess it's a real deal Multimatic piece. Just a guess.
Looking for a replacement spoiler but the OR piece is insane 🥴. Don’t know enough about SpeedKore to bite. A member hear ordered parts and they were horrible. Can’t figure out if MAD still produces them though they have a good rep and seem to hold up on a track. And not sure if Anderson and Trufiber will hold up to 160+ mph runs.
Sponsored