Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
lol @ OPG being required for FI.

So much fear mongering with them. They are insurance, not a requirement. Use logic when applying advice, which requires additional investigation like use case.

OP
OP

Fangi0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
GT Base PP2
And respect. Why logic in your context is relative to your usage.

I have seen enough engine failures to care otherwise -- with the upgrade $ being utterly trivial.

Cookiemonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 M6 GT
Respect is given until otherwise proven to be undeserved. Fear mongering with definitive word choices when recommending is cause for removal of said "respect", due to how it propagates a misconception, leading to further and further acceptance of an opinion stated as fact.

Opinion: I believe that OPGs are extremely important for any S550 going FI due to the protection they provide on the increased demand of the factory oil system.

Stated as fact: OPGs are a must if going FI.

"Trivial" only when you are either A) Breaking down the engine to the point where you would remove the timing chain B) Have a shop that is doing this to that degree and will charge you minimal cost to swap OPG out.

The fact that you need to list out that you have an "Enhanced Security Pkg" and that you assume the Tremec XL is a must to be swapped out for the stock MT-82 when you yourself aren't even FI is all I need to know.

TY, peanut gallery.

EDIT: Spelling.
Sponsored