mustangguy98

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
3AF1781B-245F-4F69-B3EA-B160ACA23ECF.png
I’m going to be replacing my upstream O2 sensors soon, need to be educated on which ones should i buy. 2015 manual fbo e85 coyote. the passenger side option states “auto transmission) can i still use it on my manual car? If not, can someone direct me to which ones I should purchase? thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
What is the issue that's making you change your O2 sensors?

OP
OP
mustangguy98

mustangguy98

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
What is the issue that's making you change your O2 sensors?
I was thinking O2 sensors after resetting the computer and getting a new tune, to changing spark plugs, cleaning fuel injectors, checking lockouts on manifold and installing brand new ford performance coil packs. I am still receiving CEL codes p0300, p0316, and p0302. Now I got a new code the other day, P0420 & P0430, something about the cats. Although I have catless LTH. Very frustrating as everytime i’m cruising the car sounds ugly with the exhaust breaking up around 1,800-2,300 RPM. running out of options and debating on taking it to a performance shop for a different professional opinion.

Sponsored

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
I was thinking O2 sensors after resetting the computer and getting a new tune, to changing spark plugs, cleaning fuel injectors, checking lockouts on manifold and installing brand new ford performance coil packs. I am still receiving CEL codes p0300, p0316, and p0302. Now I got a new code the other day, P0420 & P0430, something about the cats. Although I have catless LTH. Very frustrating as everytime i’m cruising the car sounds ugly with the exhaust breaking up around 1,800-2,300 RPM. running out of options and debating on taking it to a performance shop for a different professional opinion.
Did your tuner compensate for your headers? I think the P0420 and P0430 might be due to the cats. You might have to install some defoulers to the rear O2 sensors, to get rid of the CEL.

Before you order parts that you don't need. I'm assuming you already made a post describing your issues on this forum? If you haven't, you should. Might save you a bit of headache and time. Good luck.

OP
OP
mustangguy98

mustangguy98

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Did your tuner compensate for your headers? I think the P0420 and P0430 might be due to the cats. You might have to install some defoulers to the rear O2 sensors, to get rid of the CEL.

Before you order parts that you don't need. I'm assuming you already made a post describing your issues on this forum? If you haven't, you should. Might save you a bit of headache and time. Good luck.
yes he accommodated for everything i have, including the IMRC lockouts for 18 mani. And yes, I have made a post regarding my issue. Still didn’t find any decent advice. I also appreciate you for all this info that you’re giving me.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
yes he accommodated for everything i have, including the IMRC lockouts for 18 mani. And yes, I have made a post regarding my issue. Still didn’t find any decent advice. I also appreciate you for all this info that you’re giving me.
Who is your tuner?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Sounds like they left the P0420 code active in the tune. Normally you can disable that code so it doesn't throw with headers. I'm running catless and on E85 and I can't throw a CEL for the life of me regardless of O2 sensors, spacers, or anything.

Only issue I have is I can never get the O2 sensors to a "ready" state on the heater due to their location versus stock with long tube headers.
Sponsored