NX2 - Is it worth it?

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I have been contemplating for some time about buying this as I would love to see what the hype about is about, but I cant seem to find anyone running it to talk about it with.
I remember talking to the people who developed it on these forums that stated 460 +whp on e85 and bigger turbo but never showed any dyno numbers so that was pretty lame.

So the questions are.....is it worth it? Will it feel as the car did when I pro-tuned it? Will I notice the difference immediately? Was it a pain to drop in? Any underlying issues that popped up? If anyone has an NX2 please come to this thread.....I have free candy for anyone who answers....
Sponsored

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow black ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
I'm apart of a FB group and there's a guy in there with a built long block...NX2... XD high pressure fuel pump and injectors running E85 and putting down close to 530WHP/500+ TQ.

What I've been told from my tuner is NX2 on 93 stock motor can push 380WHP 400+ TQ safely.

I've got a used NX2 sitting in the garage going in on the 14th. It won't be dynoed right away but I'll update as I go.

Plan next summer is built short block + HPFP and injectors along with E85 to hopefully get me close to 450-500WHP.

OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I'm apart of a FB group and there's a guy in there with a built long block...NX2... XD high pressure fuel pump and injectors running E85 and putting down close to 530WHP/500+ TQ.

What I've been told from my tuner is NX2 on 93 stock motor can push 380WHP 400+ TQ safely.

I've got a used NX2 sitting in the garage going in on the 14th. It won't be dynoed right away but I'll update as I go.

Plan next summer is built short block + HPFP and injectors along with E85 to hopefully get me close to 450-500WHP.
Hmmm so I've heard on stock block with e85 and nx2 you can hit around 440-460 whp without blowing your engine I'm already full bolt on and pro tuned. I really need to get my car dynod because I dont want to spend 2k for 20 more whp if your estimates are correct lol but please keep me updated!

Sponsored

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So the NX2 is on and I'm currently driving on the base tune. Already I can tell a night and day difference on the car in terms of driveability. Acceleration is a hell of a lot smoother and the car doesn't seem to be working as hard to accelerate like it seems with the stock turbo. I always complained that the car felt like it was really "working" to accelerate prior to the NX2. Now on the base tune even, it's smooth and the boost although currently maxed at about 16psi (again base tune) it kicks in and scoots :)

That said... Is it worth the $2000+ I've sink into it all (labor + materials)... If it holds up and go *boom*... My answer is yes. Makes the car what I feel to be a great street cruiser and alot more fun to drive.

Only draw back so far is my exhaust set up. I have the BBK catted DP mated to the remark/mountune cat back and the downpipe when the shop did the install fabricated the DP to be a true 3" with no step down (bottle neck). So now at the lower rpm's there is a good bit more drown and bc it's a ford lol... Things vibrate in the car alot more. But... Flip side... WOT sounds heavenly...

So that's where I'm at currently. Once I get the revisions done I do believe I'm done with the car performance wise. If I can get in the 360-380 RWHP range I'm happy. That's plenty enough power for me personally on the street as my car won't ever see a drag strip or be tracked.

OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
So the NX2 is on and I'm currently driving on the base tune. Already I can tell a night and day difference on the car in terms of driveability. Acceleration is a hell of a lot smoother and the car doesn't seem to be working as hard to accelerate like it seems with the stock turbo. I always complained that the car felt like it was really "working" to accelerate prior to the NX2. Now on the base tune even, it's smooth and the boost although currently maxed at about 16psi (again base tune) it kicks in and scoots :)

That said... Is it worth the $2000+ I've sink into it all (labor + materials)... If it holds up and go *boom*... My answer is yes. Makes the car what I feel to be a great street cruiser and alot more fun to drive.

Only draw back so far is my exhaust set up. I have the BBK catted DP mated to the remark/mountune cat back and the downpipe when the shop did the install fabricated the DP to be a true 3" with no step down (bottle neck). So now at the lower rpm's there is a good bit more drown and bc it's a ford lol... Things vibrate in the car alot more. But... Flip side... WOT sounds heavenly...

So that's where I'm at currently. Once I get the revisions done I do believe I'm done with the car performance wise. If I can get in the 360-380 RWHP range I'm happy. That's plenty enough power for me personally on the street as my car won't ever see a drag strip or be tracked.
Did you have a full bolt on, pro tune before you dropped in the nx2? It sounds like you can feel the difference pretty well which is what Im looking for so thats good at least! I just wish it was a lil cheaper xD

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No I was stock set up and running the FP calibration first. Then had some issues with that and had the dealer put my stock ECU map back on. Then ran cobb OTS for a month or so before the NX2 install. Now FBO. The only reason I was able to pull this off is because if found someone looking to sale his barely used NX2 along with this accessport for a good bit less than a brand new NX2 alone. His car was totaled shortly after he installed and the deal was too good to pass up.

If not for that I wouldn't have done it.

OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
No I was stock set up and running the FP calibration first. Then had some issues with that and had the dealer put my stock ECU map back on. Then ran cobb OTS for a month or so before the NX2 install. Now FBO. The only reason I was able to pull this off is because if found someone looking to sale his barely used NX2 along with this accessport for a good bit less than a brand new NX2 alone. His car was totaled shortly after he installed and the deal was too good to pass up.

If not for that I wouldn't have done it.
Ahhhh dont you love a lucky find?! I hope theres nothing wrong with the turbo if it was in a wreck!

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ahhhh dont you love a lucky find?! I hope theres nothing wrong with the turbo if it was in a wreck!
Nope all checked out prior to install thankfully. My luck though I'll go boom lol. I have crap luck.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Nope all checked out prior to install thankfully. My luck though I'll go boom lol. I have crap luck.
Well dont curse it!!!! Did you replace the low pressure fuel sensor? That's a huge thing on our cars to avoid boom!

Cmw458

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well dont curse it!!!! Did you replace the low pressure fuel sensor? That's a huge thing on our cars to avoid boom!
That I did. I'm trying not to jinx it trust me lol. But yeah I got everything I feel that needed done to run everything safely. I'm going with PD for the tune and I told him it's not getting dragged or tracked...just want a nice street cruising car for some spirited highway driving. So we're not making out the block.

OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
That I did. I'm trying not to jinx it trust me lol. But yeah I got everything I feel that needed done to run everything safely. I'm going with PD for the tune and I told him it's not getting dragged or tracked...just want a nice street cruising car for some spirited highway driving. So we're not making out the block.
Ahhh yeah makes sense then. I've been trying to see if I even need the upgraded turbo or if I should just buy the evo fuel pump and run e50 to get the same gains.
Sponsored