Sponsored

November sales

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
"Was the Camaro included in the 20% off Black Friday Sales?

That could be the reason."

If you have to discount it 20% to even TRY to sell as well as the Mustang, You've got issues.

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
They really need to can the Lincoln Brand.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
It's still a POS. Stick a fork in it, FCA.
Yeah, it's about time for all new Challenger. FCA certainly got their money's worth out of the current platform.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
They really need to can the Lincoln Brand.
Why? It's finally starting to pick up with good cars. I'd love to see a new Mark on the Mustang platform.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Does anyone really care whether the Mustang outsells the Camaro? Or vise-versa?
And the even bigger question I have is without believing its even true, why do Camaro owners think its a good thing if GM makes more from each sale than Ford does? Haven't they figured out that means they overpaid?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Negative on the overpay ghost rider! It’s a world class sports cars at bargain pricing. Easily twice the car of an M3 or Lamborghini!

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Better profits. Better retail sales (well maybe not this month have to wait for the rent a car rep to get on). Better trolls. Camaro.

6String

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Better profits. Better retail sales (well maybe not this month have to wait for the rent a car rep to get on). Better trolls. Camaro.
Maybe not as profitable as we think. The Camaro is a parts-bin special--and I don't mean that in a derogatory way. The Chevy engineers did a fantastic job of merging a Cadillac chassis with a Corvette engine to produce an outstanding performance car. (I agree with the Bluebeast, it's a good performance bargin.)

However, that means the costs are shared across platforms. How much of a margin GM makes on each sale is unknown. And it depends on how much cost is transferred from Cadillac, or Corvette, to the Camaro.

The Camaro could be in trouble. Slow sales--despite any official comment from GM, 4k units a month couldn't be what they planned for.

The ATS (the platform Camaro shares) is going away. October sales dropped 42%. How much of of the chassis is carried forward into the replacement CT3 is open to speculation. If Camaro has to bear the cost of the ATS platform on its own--that eats away at the margin.

The Corvette mid-engine version is not too far distant. The current LS that serves the Camaro and Corvette probably will not be the engine of choice. Just speculation, not solid info, I expect something on the order of the LS5R prepared by Pratt & Miller might power the mid-engine 'Vette. (It is what powers the GTLM and GTE Corvettes--very impressive power from that 5.5L)

That leaves the Camaro to bear the sole costs of the chassis and engine--on less than stellar sales. That's why sales numbers are important. GM and Ford aren't in business to make cars. They are in the car business to make money. To quote Puff Daddy, "It's all about the Benjamins".

GM needs to re-think the Camaro. Have you seen the Buick Avista concept? If the design team that executed that is available, Chevy needs to hire them for the next Camaro (JMO).

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
What I gather from this thread is, it's a great time to buy a Camaro? Am I right?

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
What I gather from this thread is, it's a great time to buy a Camaro? Am I right?
If you enjoy blind spots all day long, sure. Who cares how it performs if you can't see out of the damn thing.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
It appears they still have the rarest car, which is what they want.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
GM needs to re-think the Camaro. Have you seen the Buick Avista concept? If the design team that executed that is available, Chevy needs to hire them for the next Camaro (JMO).
This.

The Avista design should have been the current Camaro, with the snout and rear altered to be reminiscent of the '70-'73 Camaro, modernized.

That would have been HOT.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

If you enjoy blind spots all day long, sure. Who cares how it performs if you can't see out of the damn thing.
Oh c'mon man. That whole blind spot thing is blown out of proportion. You have side view mirrors for a reason, USE THEM. If it isn't enough, get a wide view mirror attachment like our Mustang has built in. No more blind spots. Sheesh.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Guess we'll see who's willing to pay the premium prices for the 2018 in the coming months. Even telling non car enthusiast people a non Shelby Mustang costs 50k, they're like, "How the hell is a Mustang worth 50k?"
I've seen optioned up F-150 models > $60,000 MSRP

Explorer Sport (3.5L twin turbo) > $50,000 MSRP.

Edge Sport (2.7 L twin turbo) > $45,000 MSRP.
Sponsored