Grey-Smoke

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
congrats on your new FJG mach1, like first pic showing the pony puddle light on. two quick q's; 1) the "mach1" logo located on the bottom door sill, what color does it illuminate? 2) did you get the optional mach1 car cover? if so, please post pic with cover on, thank you.
Thanks.
The door sill badge color can be changed to any color through the mycolor app. I have mine orange right now.
Yes I did get the car cover. It should be here bye the end of the week. I’ll post up a pic for you when I get it.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Congrats!! I'm rocking the same color and my Chassis number is 363

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Real nice care. How about a report on performance? Ride? Etc.

Donm308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Convertible
Hello-Wanted to introduce myself and share the new toy that I picked up last Saturday. Just got the windows tinted today.
I find myself looking for any excuse to drive it. Haha I feel like a teenager again! I’ve been fallowing this message board for a while and now I finally have a reason to join in.
This is my first mustang but my family have all owned them and I’ve always wanted one. Now that my kids are grown I’m able to finally buy something for me!!
2DE12D1D-E9C2-4EC9-A555-0E863ABF9DC6.jpeg
B4E75878-B950-4C69-B443-7CECE47A729A.jpeg
Awesome car!! Looks great! Congrats and enjoy it. I find myself looking at the Mach1 constantly but still loving my 2015 GT Convertible

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
How was the buying experience? I looked over the first Mach1 to arrive in San Diego over the weekend at the Ford dealership in National CIty. FJG, manual, 700, upgraded rims. They had a $20K ADM! I'll wait a little and see what the market looks like in a month or two. Anyone have any advice on dealing with the dealership on what to expect, how to avoid the add-ons. I've never dealt with Ford on a new car.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
How was the buying experience? I looked over the first Mach1 to arrive in San Diego over the weekend at the Ford dealership in National CIty. FJG, manual, 700, upgraded rims. They had a $20K ADM! I'll wait a little and see what the market looks like in a month or two. Anyone have any advice on dealing with the dealership on what to expect, how to avoid the add-ons. I've never dealt with Ford on a new car.
My advice, talk to Zach at granger Ford in Iowa. Either ship the car or make a vacation out of going and picking it up. I live half way across the country from him and I won’t consider buying a Ford anywhere else. Nobody is willing to touch his pricing and his helpfulness in building the exact car I wanted is second to none. Like you my local dealers want your first born child and a kidney for the privilege of buying a mustang. This was the easiest buying experience I’ve ever had with a Ford.

OP
OP
Grey-Smoke

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Real nice care. How about a report on performance? Ride? Etc.
I’m holding back on driving it hard until I have 500 miles. But it’s everything I wanted it to be so far.
Here’s what can say so far. The exhaust sound is deep and looks awesome with the 4.5” tips and rear diffuser makes them look even better. The magna ride is badass. Gentle in normal mode but with a toggle it changes to race or drag mode. It feels locked in/squatted in the rear with little rebound in drag mode during take off. The tremec is so nice. I’m sure the gt guys can concur. The rev match has me down shifting just to hear it blip at every stop light. LoL
I can’t wait to track it. The steering and handling feels so tight and direct. Lots of fun! No regrets here.

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
I’m holding back on driving it hard until I have 500 miles. But it’s everything I wanted it to be so far.
Here’s what can say so far. The exhaust sound is deep and looks awesome with the 4.5” tips and rear diffuser makes them look even better. The magna ride is badass. Gentle in normal mode but with a toggle it changes to race or drag mode. It feels locked in/squatted in the rear with little rebound in drag mode during take off. The tremec is so nice. I’m sure the gt guys can concur. The rev match has me down shifting just to hear it blip at every stop light. LoL
I can’t wait to track it. The steering and handling feels so tight and direct. Lots of fun! No regrets here.
Hows the gearing in the Tremec. In the 2018's and up the changed it so the car had very tall gears. Not much torque down low and there were 2 overdrive gears. I'm hoping with this tranny it's better. Thoughts?

OP
OP
Grey-Smoke

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I’d been watching the Mach 1 since they announced it last year. I was going to get a gt350 or this. So I had to see it in person first. I went to a dealer that had both near me to check them out side bye side, with the idea I would order one and wait. They wanted 20,000 over. I told them I’m going to be ordering one and wouldn’t pay the mark up. They insisted that I wouldn’t find it anywhere at msrp. I told them yes I will and started ignoring them getting ready to leave they asked what I would pay. I said again I’ll pay msrp but inside I kinda had a feeling I’d likely have to haggle anywhere I went being that they’re selling pitch is that’s it’s a limited addition. I said I’ll pay 5,000 over. The salesman said no way. I told him to go check. He came back and said yes-so I bought it on the spot.
For me it was everything I wanted and was willing to pay so wouldn’t have to wait. Plus I got a lower chassis number then I would’ve otherwise. The way cars are selling I’m sure it’ll be worth more then what I paid in 30-40 years. hahahaha-justified. No regrets.
Overall my buying experience was pretty good.

OP
OP
Grey-Smoke

Grey-Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Hows the gearing in the Tremec. In the 2018's and up the changed it so the car had very tall gears. Not much torque down low and there were 2 overdrive gears. I'm hoping with this tranny it's better. Thoughts?
Hard to tell completely right now because I’ve been gentle with her so far. But I believe the gearing is the same as the 350. From what I’ve heard though torque from this coyote with the 350 intake and throttle body is going to be felt lower then the voodoo. I’m hoping this to make it the better street car with a weekend warrior track spirit. I posted up my gear ratios.
E5B1AAC9-9943-43B9-8E57-F8863DFD408E.jpeg
Sponsored