Noob here, need advice, info.

HoosierJTF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I just got a 17 GT manual that is stock. What should be my 1st mod, second, etc. How hard is it to get to 450 RWHP and how much will I need to spend to get there. Is 500 possible NA?
Sponsored

machosauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 white GT
450 yes, 500 NA no.

Standard operating procedure is CAI, exhaust, intake manifold, injectors, headers and tune. Maybe throw in a bigger throttle body for good measure. That would be a full bolt on car.

OP
OP
HoosierJTF

HoosierJTF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I actually wanted a 19 as I know 500 is possible for 18-19s, but my wife surprised me on Monday for our anniversary as she knew Grabber blue is my favorite color. Other than the fuel system, what makes the Gen 3 coyotes able to make 50 more HP?

As far as modding my car, is it true that changing the intake manifold will lower low end TQ? What is the max NA power that I can expect with full bolt ons and E85?

machosauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 white GT
That was an e85 tune as well plus the tuner. Price will vary depending on what brand of parts you get. Some headers alone run right at 2 grand. Just guesstimating I'd probably say around 5 grand give or take. Again this depends on if you get top tier or not.

OP
OP
HoosierJTF

HoosierJTF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Another question which exhaust setup will have a deeper tone with off road long tubes? I have been listening to some combos, but it seems a lot are raspy.

Sponsored

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
compression ratio makes the gain first ,,,di and port injection makes up the rest

machosauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 white GT
I actually wanted a 19 as I know 500 is possible for 18-19s, but my wife surprised me on Monday for our anniversary as she knew Grabber blue is my favorite color. Other than the fuel system, what makes the Gen 3 coyotes able to make 50 more HP?

As far as modding my car, is it true that changing the intake manifold will lower low end TQ? What is the max NA power that I can expect with full bolt ons and E85?
Nice, good wife!

To be honest I haven't kept up with it but the fuel system is what I've read is the biggest improvement. The intake manifold as well. Low end torque depends on which intake manifold you get.

You usually see max 460ish and that is with e85.

erikkire18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Hellion TT
First Mod: Twin Turbos!!!! FTW :devil:. I'd say go with MF competition, there is a lot of drone though but deep rumble. I had kooks catted headers with that cat back and also with about 4 other catbacks haha. H pipe usually deepens the sound but Ive always ran an X pipe. Make sure to get good tires though, thats an important factor. If you have PP wheels, the biggest for rear that will work is 305/35/19 and fronts possibly 285/35/19 (thats what I have up front). They make the car look better and well grip better. Sorry for long input, just wana share what Ive done and hopefully it helps you get an idea of what to add. also, once you start modding and adding power, you will want more and more power haha

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
That was an e85 tune as well plus the tuner. Price will vary depending on what brand of parts you get. Some headers alone run right at 2 grand. Just guesstimating I'd probably say around 5 grand give or take. Again this depends on if you get top tier or not.
For like 1000 more you could get a vortech or maybe roush, so id recommend just doing that, although install may run about another 1000 if they cant do it themselves

ENPhoto

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
2nd vote here with the Magnaflow Comp's. I went with the Axlebacks and had an H-Pipe built and welded in the stock resonator's place. No drone for me unless in 6th @ 1600-2000rpm and heavy load. Deep. Minimal Rasp compared to Roush X or H-pipe cars that I've heard. Next step for me is headers.

Although, I have heard and ridden in a full MBRP Race setup with MBRP headers. Downright nasty. Not as deep as the MF...and not as raspy as a Roush setup but the sound while inside is intoxicating...to say the least.

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Heads, intake, 18 specific cams with same specs as 15-17, 12:1 compression, beefier bearings, plus dual fuel. :).

Grabber5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
500 is definitely possible NA. I make 506 WHP and 400 TQ.

Ported CJ intake, Monoblade TB, Dmark CAI, full exhaust, comp stage 3 cams, Lund E85 tune. Love the setup!

kiszl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Tripple Yellow 2015 GT

First off congrats on an awesome wife and welcome to the forums.

You will lose some torque with a manifold swap unless you go cobra jet. One of the best setups you can run is the Cobra Jet manifold, it wont get you to 500 but it should be somewhat close. For reference a buddy of mine just made 442 to the wheels with catless longtubes and a gt350 Manifold while on 93. Im sure someone else can chime in what a CJ setup on e85 will give you. Best of luck with the build!

OP
OP
HoosierJTF

HoosierJTF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
500 is definitely possible NA. I make 506 WHP and 400 TQ.

Ported CJ intake, Monoblade TB, Dmark CAI, full exhaust, comp stage 3 cams, Lund E85 tune. Love the setup!
How much did all that set you back?

OP
OP
HoosierJTF

HoosierJTF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
First Mod: Twin Turbos!!!! FTW :devil:. I'd say go with MF competition, there is a lot of drone though but deep rumble. I had kooks catted headers with that cat back and also with about 4 other catbacks haha. H pipe usually deepens the sound but Ive always ran an X pipe. Make sure to get good tires though, thats an important factor. If you have PP wheels, the biggest for rear that will work is 305/35/19 and fronts possibly 285/35/19 (thats what I have up front). They make the car look better and well grip better. Sorry for long input, just wana share what Ive done and hopefully it helps you get an idea of what to add. also, once you start modding and adding power, you will want more and more power haha
Any sound clips?
Sponsored