Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
the 2020 gt350 has the same language, so won't be treated differently than the gt500....
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just received an email in response to my request for an update. No official word yet. He has no idea when we will get a decision either way.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
So I'm going through the 2020 GT500 owners supplement and came across the attached document that says:

What is Not Covered Under the
New Vehicle Limited Warranty?
Damage caused by:
• Abuse, competition, racing, track use
or other events.

Screenshot_20201111-000511_Drive.jpg
I've been following this thread and personally I think its a misprint. Misprint meaning I think someone put 2 commas where there shouldn't be, if you read the base warranty 1st sentence of the 3rd paragraph it clearly states competition or timed events, but on the bottom it says:

Damaged caused by:
Abuse, competition, racing, track use or other events.

I think ti was suppose to say: abuse, competition: racing, track use or other events which would encompass competition.

And it being in other manuals remember the standard parts are just copied and pasted to each model since its universal to all cars.

But thats my take.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
I sent another email. I am waiting to hear back. I'll keep you all updated. I agree, they put that specific language in there for a reason, i don't think the performance folks want this because in a follow up email he said he thought it was OK for HPDE use. That is nothing you can hang your hat on though, so stay tuned, I'm still on it.
I've been following this thread and personally I think its a misprint. Misprint meaning I think someone put 2 commas where there shouldn't be, if you read the base warranty 1st sentence of the 3rd paragraph it clearly states competition or timed events, but on the bottom it says:

Damaged caused by:

I think ti was suppose to say: abuse, competition: racing, track use or other events which would encompass competition.

And it being in other manuals remember the standard parts are just copied and pasted to each model since its universal to all cars.

But thats my take.
32C18619-2EA6-482E-BE5A-86BC2D631D03.gif

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Damaged caused by:

But thats my take.
Yes, I agree about the spirit and context of the warranty. This is a drastic departure from all previous years, but it is in black and white and the way it was written is that any track use will not be covered under the vehicle warranty.

I asked if there was another department I should be communicating with. I will keep you all updated.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

Damaged caused by:

But thats my take.
Being from corporate america I would assume they would copy the prior years supplement and update not rewrite from scratch but its possible.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I am sending an email to the grand poohbah. Stand by.

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Maybe it’s time for for us to bombard Ford Performance for starters, with emails asking for a clearer definition. Good lord, we’re months away from the launch of the most track capable 5.0 according to Ford. I can only imagine that the Mach 1 will follow suit with the other models. Sold my PP2 due to going into limp mode hitting engine oil and rear axle limits. Figured I’ll pick up a GT350 or Mach 1 in the coming months, now for what. If this is the new direction Ford is taking, then maybe I need to head in a new direction.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Lets be civil until we get an answer. I believe this was a mistake and it will be corrected. First things first.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Legal will do nothing but point out the text within those documents while simultaneously failing to provide any clarity beyond what is in print.

Sponsored

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting... A track style car that would not be covered if something happened at a track..... Its also interesting that when someone purchases a GT500, they can attend a track school that is sponsored by Ford to teach them how to properly drive/track their car, up to and including a drag strip.

Hopefully it is a typo that someone over looked. Or else there are a lot of GT500s on youtube not covered anymore.

16COEBM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Alot of my friends have 1LE SS Camaros and one has a 2019 ZLE. The ZLE is a stock A10 car with less than 5k miles that has been in the shop at least 3 times for trans issues. The tech, dealer, and GM Performance know the car is pretty much a dedicated track car. Dealer did the track alignment on it. GM Performance is actually talking with the owner and the dealer about trans overheating issues. Trans has been replaced at least once free of charge. The trans gets hot on track and goes into limp mode after 2-3 hard laps. Street driving is 100% fine. GM Performance has pulled data from the car, they know full well what its being used for and have zero issue for paying for repairs.

Not only are they paying for the repairs without complaint, they are actively working with the owner and the tech to solve the issue and get the car performing on track. For time reference, the trans was replaced less than 3 months ago.

Not that I'm in the market, but I am one of the only Ford guys in my circle, I hope Ford steps up and changes the wording for you guys that use your cars.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Interesting... A track style car that would not be covered if something happened at a track..... Its also interesting that when someone purchases a GT500, they can attend a track school that is sponsored by Ford to teach them how to properly drive/track their car, up to and including a drag strip.

Hopefully it is a typo that someone over looked. Or else there are a lot of GT500s on youtube not covered anymore.
Lol!!! Absolutely!!! I am confident this will ultimately be the case.

Be advised that to the chagrin manufacturers, I have been burned in the past by simply asking the question. I found that whenever lawyers get involved, the answer is usually the same...

Bottom line is Ford Performance sold me a high performance race car.

RR

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Lol!!! Absolutely!!! I am confident this will ultimately be the case.

Be advised that to the chagrin manufacturers, I have been burned in the past by simply asking the question. I found that whenever lawyers get involved, the answer is usually the same...

Bottom line is Ford Performance sold be a bad-ass race car.

RR
Do me a favor and have [you know who] call FP and raise a bunch of hell and get this sorted? Its been over a week and nobody seems to be able to answer the question. I have an email in to the brass at HQ, but that was only done late yesterday.

Thanks
Sponsored