Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
We need more seedy politicians, ambulance chasing lawyers and frivolous lawsuits to protect us from ourselves. That way we could simply stop functioning as a society and not be able to get anything done. We're almost there. Rock bottom is just an arm's length away...

Seriously, I'm surprised the manual isn't more restrictive than it is. The key phrase used is damage caused by and I can relate to Ford's use of it here. My obscure recommendation or workaround? Be careful, cautious and smart about everything you do. When you see an opportunity, take advantage. And when shit doesn't go as planned, figure out a way. There is always a way.
I just want clarity. Ford said "clearly" the cars GT350/focus RS/etc were covered on the track outside of timed or competitive events.

If that has change say it has changed. I purchased a rather expensive extended warranty under the assumption that is still the case. I am all against frivolous lawsuits however.

At the end of the day some portion of buyers bought the car because it would be warrantied for HPDEs.

They put the language in there for a reason.

My wife, who is a lawyer, says a person would probably win....... but it would be a fight. Again, I don't think Ford meant to do this. Lets get this fixed. If not.....
Thanks for reaching out to ford. My experience with dealers is when things are vague you will probably lose (you have limited recourse to fight as a consumer) even if your dealer wants to cover your blown engine for example ford still has to approve it.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just want clarity. Ford said "clearly" the cars GT350/focus RS/etc were covered on the track outside of timed or competitive events.

If that has change say it has changed. I purchased a rather expensive extended warranty under the assumption that is still the case. I am all against frivolous lawsuits however.

At the end of the day some portion of buyers bought the care because it would be warrantied for HPDEs.

They put the language in there for a reason.

Thanks for reaching out to ford. My experience with dealers is when things are vague you will probably lose (you have limited recourse to fight as a consumer) even if your dealer wants to cover your blown engine for example ford still has to approve it.
It is disturbing that this is taking FP so long. If they are diligently working on this, then I am thankful. At this poimt, I do think it's time to check back in and see what they found out.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I seriously doubt anyone from FP is going to make an official public statement that contradicts owners manual/supplement verbiage in any meaningful way. I'll be shocked if they do.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I seriously doubt anyone from FP is going to make an official public statement that contradicts owners manual/supplement verbiage in any meaningful way. I'll be shocked if they do.
I was directed to FP from Ford customer service. This was after being bounced around from person to person. I was told they would have the answer. I guess they don't because they are obviously bouncing it around within Ford for an answer.

The next step is the Ford legal department, but that will wait until I hear something back from FP.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
...irony of this post - OP's profile pic is car at race track... parked there... it's out of warranty :)
Its a photoshop.... Yea, thats it, a photoshop.

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
...irony of this post - OP's profile pic is car at race track... parked there... it's out of warranty :)
Not so fast....his wife drove that car to the track. She followed him there as he drove the trailer that housed the Miata track car that he was actually racing that day :wink: :wink: :wink: Any lawyer worth half his retainer can push that story across the goalline.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
I have had a dealership on hold willing to sell at $1k over sticker while waiting this out a bit to see what Tom learns (thank you btw). I have slept on it for a few days and think I’m a hard pass on this car no matter what they tell Tom. That is unless track use is removed from the warranty details

I remember my front splitter on my GT350 came off on the freeway and my Dealership said that it would be covered under bumper to bumper, but Ford denied the claim. I know it’s not a blown engine but the fact that they wouldn’t cover that little item gives me very little confidence in Ford taking care of these cars if something goes wrong on the track.

Maybe a 2019 R is the better buy at this point in time. Anyone who wants to work on the $1k over MSRP feel free to message me for details.

Thanks again for your efforts Tom.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I have had a dealership on hold willing to sell at $1k over sticker while waiting this out a bit to see what Tom learns (thank you btw). I have slept on it for a few days and think I’m a hard pass on this car no matter what they tell Tom. That is unless track use is removed from the warranty details

I remember my front splitter on my GT350 came off on the freeway and my Dealership said that it would be covered under bumper to bumper, but Ford denied the claim. I know it’s not a blown engine but the fact that they wouldn’t cover that little item gives me very little confidence in Ford taking care of these cars if something goes wrong on the track.

Maybe a 2019 R is the better buy at this point in time. Anyone who wants to work on the $1k over MSRP feel free to message me for details.

Thanks again for your efforts Tom.
I sent another email. I am waiting to hear back. I'll keep you all updated. I agree, they put that specific language in there for a reason, i don't think the performance folks want this because in a follow up email he said he thought it was OK for HPDE use. That is nothing you can hang your hat on though, so stay tuned, I'm still on it.
Sponsored