Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
Was it mounted on the balancer properly ? If its wobbling it could be that as ironic as ive heard

Could be a barrel out of round from impact of some sort and i mean like you drove off a curb, hit s pothole and such
I dnt kno
They put the other wheel on and it didnt do it
Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Weird i mean then it may be a out of round wheel then.
Hopefully that is all it is. I am going to take it to the discount i bought the tires from this afternoon. Will have them take the tire off and do just the rim and see. If not I don't know what else to do except contact you for another wheel
I kno without a doubt though i didn't cause the issue. The only thing that i do on those wheels are hard launches.

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My buddy is having the same issue since he purchased his G2's. He has the stock PP wheels and only bought for the rear G2's as his front Pirellis are still good. He was driving home from the tire shop when he called me to vent. He lowered the pressure to 32 psi and it seemed to get just a little better but it still sways on him.

I have G2's in 20" sizes and I don't experience any swaying...not sure why he is BUT if anyone has an answer please share so I can pass the word as he isn't on any forums.

Thanks
Joe

Sponsored

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
First of all let me start by saying thank you Paul for talking wih me about this earlier:headbang:

Went to discount this afternoon: Took the tire off the wheel and put the wheel only on the balancing machine. Sure as shit the wheel is bent. Fast forward
The mgr at discount Dustin is a super awesome person. I couldnt prove that they messed the wheel up even though it didnt start doing this until after the new tires were put on
He personally called MRR and is giving me the wheel at $100 below cost, which i thought was a standup thing to do. Wheel should be here next week.
He also is going to give me my money back on the nt555 g2 tires and put them towards the purchase of the mickey thompson et street s/s tire.
Very happy with the way this has turned out

Lost Cosmonaut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Fastback - Oxford White
My buddy is having the same issue since he purchased his G2's. He has the stock PP wheels and only bought for the rear G2's as his front Pirellis are still good. He was driving home from the tire shop when he called me to vent. He lowered the pressure to 32 psi and it seemed to get just a little better but it still sways on him.

I have G2's in 20" sizes and I don't experience any swaying...not sure why he is BUT if anyone has an answer please share so I can pass the word as he isn't on any forums.

Thanks
Joe
Kind of a duh thing on the part of the installers, but I would double check that they're pointed in the right direction (as in, if they are asymmetrical the arrow goes the right way, or if they are just directional the sidewall pointed out says "OUTSIDE"). I've seen shops not used to performance tires make these mistakes before, and directional or asymmetrical tires that are on the wrong way will feel really greasy and wavy driving around.

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Well got my new wheel in today and to my surprise somebody at discount pit the wrong order in on the tires and got the NT05r. Very pschyced about that. Did an even swap for the drag radials

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Well got my new wheel in today and to my surprise somebody at discount pit the wrong order in on the tires and got the NT05r. Very pschyced about that. Did an even swap for the drag radials
How you enjoying the drs?

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Im enjoying the drs so very much. Instant traction. Im very willing to trade off a lot of the things for instant power to the ground. Bit sadly enough inam still having the same problem. Discount tire was way more accommadating then i expected bit still havin same issue. Inam going to rltake it to a shop and try to figure it out but i know ford will jot pay for it because of my suspension mods. To be honest kimd of worried. Dont know whats wrong

Sponsored

r-model

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 1987 GT, not stock :-) DD - 2001 F150
I have the G2's on my PP car since this past April, there is no swaying at all, and I have had the car on the local road course with no problems, evening topping at about 110mph at the top of the straight.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Im enjoying the drs so very much. Instant traction. Im very willing to trade off a lot of the things for instant power to the ground. Bit sadly enough inam still having the same problem. Discount tire was way more accommadating then i expected bit still havin same issue. Inam going to rltake it to a shop and try to figure it out but i know ford will jot pay for it because of my suspension mods. To be honest kimd of worried. Dont know whats wrong
Keep us informed

OP
OP
Soonertim4

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Keep us informed
Will do

From the research ive done it kinda seems like it maybe the sway bar or the end links
If that is the case jus scratching my head wondering what could have possibly happened

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Will do

From the research ive done it kinda seems like it maybe the sway bar or the end links
If that is the case jus scratching my head wondering what could have possibly happened
As much as I know, your guess is as good as mine.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Have your toe settings checked. If you don't have any/enough rear toe-in the car will not be naturally stable and could have this behavior. I'm sad to say that it was very unlikely that the wheel ever contributed to the problem, nor was it likely to be the tires.
Sponsored