Sponsored

Ngauge mounting solution

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
My 3 year Ford Racing/Roush warranty was up this winter.So now it is time to look to the aftermarket.
Ken and Rob at Palm Beach Dyno have a package deal for the Roush setup which has the Ngauge,the IAT harness and the tune for $1,000.The Rob Shoemaker tune alone is worth the price of admission.Their tune is spot on !!!

Now we all know putting the gauge in the vent is not great as the line of sight is too far over.
The suction cup mount on the windshield I guess works,but do you really want that thing stuck to your shield.
And then there is the autometer a-pillar pod. It has 2 problems.
1) is it does not fit the Ngauge.2) the finish does not match the OEM interior.

So my first idea was to use a 60mm billet gauge pod from cravenspeed.
https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-belmont/
After it showed up I realized there was not enough material to bore it out to fit the Ngauge.Back it went.

I then grabbed a autometer 48010.
https://www.autometer.com/roll-podd-pedestal-mount-for-2-5-8-gauge.html
It is pricey for plastic but it fits well.
Next I found a 16mm ball stud for a gas strut piston.
http://www.atomicmall.com/view.php?...rut-Shock-Ball-Stud-Mount-Lid-Bracket_2514775
16mm Ball Stud (Custom).jpg

I then machined a spacer from some black plastic I had.
Plastic Washer (Custom).jpg

Next I drilled into the a-pillar cover.The inside needs to be ground open as the are some support ribs inside.
Inside (Custom).jpg

Here is the outside.
Outside (Custom).jpg

And now with it all mounted back in the car.
Mounted (Custom).jpg

Mounted2 (Custom).jpg

It is out of the way and in the line of sight perfectly.It is angled so you can still remove the SD card.
If I had to do it again ,I would move the bolt up abit higher and not use the spacer.But I'm not taking it apart.

Any questions feel free to ask.
Any ideas on what I could use as a spacer like the one you machined?
Sponsored

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
Any ideas on what I could use as a spacer like the one you machined?
Unless you want the spacer for cosmetic reasons, it's really not needed. The threaded portion of the stud will fit behind the pillar trim.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Unless you want the spacer for cosmetic reasons, it's really not needed. The threaded portion of the stud will fit behind the pillar trim.
it would be for cosmetic purposes... just want it to look as professional as possible.

MAD MATT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Although I love this solution...I believe the pillar trim is designed to swing away on the coupe when the curtain air bag deploys. This mount location might prevent the pillar trim from moving out of the way and therefore prevent the bag from properly deploying. That said, on convertibles it is a whole different story.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
i like the concept of the autometer pod. i have a pp car and dont like it in the air vent so much. throws off the symmetry of the dash to much. im going to try and make a pod that will sit in the corner of the a pillar and dash and have it covered and stitched in the same leather and stiching as the dash so hopefully it looks like its factory. i have never worked with fiberglass so i hope its not a train wreck, lol.
Sponsored