Ngauge mounting locations

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
Are most of you guys that are running the Ngauge mounting it in the vent? Or is anybody using the window mount or vent clip mount? Does the vent clip mount still let air around the gauge? The reason I ask is because I have a PP car and its black on black and gets extremely hot very fast. And only having 3 vents blowing will suck in the hot Georgia humidity/heat. Which vent did you mount it in? The left or the right? I thought about putting it in the passenger vent but I wouldn't be able to see it as good and my wife probably wouldn't be to happy about it either. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

T-S550-X

Threads
Reaction score
DFW, Texas, USA, Planet Earth, Milkyway Galaxy
First Name
Naji
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2015 Mustang GT PP
I live in TX so I can empathize with the heat issue. I use a window mount. I refuse to give up the already limited number of vents in the car. There is also an A-pillar option. It's not specific to the Ngauge unfortunately, so it will require modifications to get it to fit. The A-pillar is about $85, so not cheap.

Auto Meter A-Pillar Gauge Mount

cwrx82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I also live in TX like T-S550X, so I understand the heat situation. I have it mounted to the driver's side vent by the door. The vent clip can be maneuvered so that it doesn't fall or begin to tilt downwards. It makes the vent blow mostly upwards, so that kinda blows. I just use the 2 middle vents and the seat AC. I thought about using the window mount, but every window mount that I've used for anything in the past had always ended up falling off.
Sponsored