Next Car?

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
I was wondering why Toyota would need a patent for a manual transmission, then I read the article
"...has patented mechanisms that'd let an electric vehicle simulate the operation of a manual down to the last gritty, gear-grinding detail."

"...they describe an EV that can switch between "control modes" of standard driving and a simulated H-pattern manual..."
"...a third pedal equipped with a "pedal reaction force generator" that pushes back on the driver's foot, and even vibrates to mimic the feeling of a clutch dragging on a flywheel while partially disengaged."

So, it's not a manual transmission, just a complicated input device. 😕

They've created a complicated electronic and software problem where there didn't need need to be one.
If they'd install a real manual transmission, they don't have to program anything. There's no computer that needs to read sensors and decide when to shift, because the driver decides.
They did this because you really doesn't even need a three speed transmission with an electric motor. Internal combustion engines have a very limited interval of RPMs where are able to make power, in an electric motor things are a little bit different.

Before the topic collapses, I'll try to give my answer to the original question, and I know it may be an unpopular one: an S650 in addition to my S550 both of them I plan to keep until my last breath.
Those, and other cars (At least I would want to add to my current collection the W205 C43/63 depending on finance, and possibly a Alfa Romeo 4C just for the looks of it).
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I’m looking at GT350/GT500 currently. Non-Mustang, C7 Grand Sport or ZR1. Gen 4 Viper would be on the list too.

Ive ridden in the R8, it’s fast but didn’t do anything for me. Same with BMW, just kinda meh to me.

If we’re dreaming, Ferrari 488 and/or Lambo Aventador. But those require me winning the lottery 😂

OP
OP
Velocityblue5oh

Velocityblue5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT
I guess if I had to make my own list mine would be in this order;
1. GT350 if the S650 decide to come out with one and I like the design
2. BMW M2 with a 6MT
3. Supra 6MT
4: C7 Zo6 or S550 GT350
Of course all this depends on pricing and options.

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I'm thinking old school;
65 Impala SS
70 Camaro Z28
40 Ford 2dr cpe
67 Mustang Fastback
all would have to be resto-modded
I paid my GT/CS off last year and I'm thinking its time to look again.
If I don't buy anything new, I'm thinking about custom hood, white stripes and lower rocker stripes in white also( the black GT/CS stripe just doesn't show well- might as well not be there!)

Sponsored

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
<==== I've currently got a 2020 GT Premium(401A Package) and the A10. Before that I had a 2015 GT Premium 6 speed. While the A10 is faster, I do miss rowing those gears. I'm sure I will be eyeing either a 2024 or 2025 GT Premium with a 6 speed next time.

BigD94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - PP1 - Manual
I want to get into a C6 GrandSport in the next year or two. Probably boost it and build out the LS3 over time.

Then the 3-5 year goal is a Porsche 911. The GTS is a realistic goal but maybe a Turbo or Turbo S if the money works out. GTS would have to be 992. Turbo I would go as far back as 2010.

I definitely want a 2004 Cobra at some point, but I already have a mustang so that can wait.

The goal is to have a warehouse with a 20+ car collection in it one day.

KJZ28

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KevinJoyce.HoulihanLawrence.com
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT SP1
In reality this may be my last sports car, I see life getting in the way soon. But if life was going another way, my dream has been a 1970 Buick Gran Sport with a worked over 455, EFI, and a T-56.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The new M2 is growing on me, I'd go with the Gray. It's larger now , has a large trunk with folfding back seats so my Mountain bike can fit.
Not sure if I'd do Auto or Manual. My wife's 22 X5 auto is so damn smooth so it would be cool to experience that coming from my jerky A10 in the Mach 1.. LOL

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I will be adding a 20-22 GT500 to my fleet, hopefully before years end. We have the M440i, so that erases my want for an M4. I will be completing the 67 C-10 with my youngest son in the years to come, and we have the Jeep for beach adventures.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I dunno, maybe something with AWD or an EV. Tired of spinning tires at red lights 😂

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

twbthird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP convertible, Ruby Red
It won't be an S650. I find the exterior styling uninspired, derivative of other cars, and lacking traditional Mustang styling cues except maybe the triple bar taillights. The screen-dominated interior is even worse.

If I have to replace my current car, either a low-mileage S550 if I can find one; otherwise I might go with a new Miata.