Newbie assistance needed.

Midnight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 convertible
Newbie here so be easy on me if this has been answered before. I have a 2019 pp1 convertible with Magnetic Ride suspension, I've got the opportunity to pick up a set of pp2 wheels but the gentleman has changed them from the factory 305 30-19s to 305 35-19s. I'm curious if those will work on the front or will they rub? Although I love the look of lowered cars for practicality reasons I don't plan on lowering the vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Newbie here so be easy on me if this has been answered before. I have a 2019 pp1 convertible with Magnetic Ride suspension, I've got the opportunity to pick up a set of pp2 wheels but the gentleman has changed them from the factory 305 30-19s to 305 35-19s. I'm curious if those will work on the front or will they rub? Although I love the look of lowered cars for practicality reasons I don't plan on lowering the vehicle.
My understanding is the fender liner is different on the PP2 cars to prevent rubbing. I would think the larger diameter of the 35 aspect ratio tires would make rubbing more likely.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/pp2-wheel-tire-sizing.114818/

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

Midnight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carey
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone, after watching videos of how bad the front tires kick up rocks on the car I decided against the factory pp2 wheels. Although they look cool I need something with a little less poke in the front.

scober

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 Mustangs
Have you looked at the SVE SP2, PP2 reps? They have less poke

Sponsored

OP
OP

Midnight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carey
Vehicle(s)
Have you looked at the SVE SP2, PP2 reps? They have less poke
I have looked at the SVE PP2s and I really like the 19Ă—10 squared setup but some people have had issues with the way they arrive due to their packaging (I honestly don't know what's so difficult about putting a piece of foam on the top and bottom of the rim just like the way my OZs for my old Miata came), I also haven't seen that many pictures since they switched suppliers so I'm not exactly sure how much change there was in the colors and really I hate the fact that their tire choice is terrible.
The thought of being able to buy wheels and tires with the OEM TPMS and being able to see them in person before you purchase them was one of the really appealing things about the deal.

Last edited:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I have looked at the SVE PP2s and I really like the 19Ă—10 squared setup but some people have had issues with the way they arrive due to their packaging (I honestly don't know what's so difficult about putting a piece of foam on the top and bottom of the rim just like the way my OZs came), I also haven't seen that many pictures since they switched suppliers so I'm not exactly sure how much change there was in the colors and really I hate the fact that their tire choice is terrible.
The thought of being able to buy wheels and tires with the OEM TPMS and being able to see them in person before you purchase them was one of the really appealing things about the deal.
There is also the Ford Performance PP2 replica. They have a 9.5 front, 10 rear option in addition to the one that mimics the actual PP2 fitment.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ford-performance-released-its-pp2-replica-wheels.137142/

OP
OP

Midnight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carey
Vehicle(s)