Breakineven

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium
Hi Guys...

I had my calipers powder coated and now putting them back together but I ran into a snag. I am installing Power Stop Z26 rotors and pads. I have the front drivers together but when putting on the spring bracket that the 2 pins go through I noticed it is up against(touching) top of rotor(vented part). This has to be something easy and I am just a nube but it is driving me crazy....????? Help.....thanks!

16 GT Standard
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You know what you're trying to describe, to others it's Greek.

Give us pictures.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Hi Guys...

I had my calipers powder coated and now putting them back together but I ran into a snag. I am installing Power Stop Z26 rotors and pads. I have the front drivers together but when putting on the spring bracket that the 2 pins go through I noticed it is up against(touching) top of rotor(vented part). This has to be something easy and I am just a nube but it is driving me crazy....????? Help.....thanks!

16 GT Standard
  1. Remove brake pad spring.
  2. Remove the brake pad pin clip.
  3. Remove the 2 brake pad pins.
imagen2.jpg

I'm guessing you took both sides apart at the same time?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Ask a question, and then never return for the answers.

Lovely.

OP
OP

Breakineven

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium
  1. Remove brake pad spring.
  2. Remove the brake pad pin clip.
  3. Remove the 2 brake pad pins.
imagen2.jpg

I'm guessing you took both sides apart at the same time?
Ya I took everything apart to have Calipers powder coated then went to YouTube and watched a video on Brembo brakes and it was different so through me off. Thanks for the help. How about on the rears when it comes to the sliding pins...the pin with rubber on tip go in top or bottom?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Breakineven

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium
Oh and where do I get that type of info that you posted for the rest of the car??

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Oh and where do I get that type of info that you posted for the rest of the car??
www.motorcraftservice.com
it's about $30 for a 3-day subscription. You lucked out because I replaced the rotors on my brembos on Sunday so I still had some time. That website is invaluable for everything you do to a Ford from 1994 until now. Torque specs are the best thing on there.

As far as the slide pins on the rear... are there not two? The rears should be a regular old single piston setup with a parking ratchet. In fact, if you aren't changing pads you shouldn't have to undo the slide pins, just the larger bracket bolts. On those, if you tore them all of the way down:
1. Put the rotor on the hub
2. Put the caliper bracket over the rotor
3. make sure the slide clips are in place and lubricated
4. lubricate the back of the pads and put them into the caliper bracket
5. compress the piston (there's a tool for that, but a pair of pliers works just fine). Turn the piston, slowly so you don't outrun the dust boot, until it is completely retracted. It will continue to turn after being flush.
6. place the caliper back on the slide pins.

OP
OP

Breakineven

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium
www.motorcraftservice.com
it's about $30 for a 3-day subscription. You lucked out because I replaced the rotors on my brembos on Sunday so I still had some time. That website is invaluable for everything you do to a Ford from 1994 until now. Torque specs are the best thing on there.

As far as the slide pins on the rear... are there not two? The rears should be a regular old single piston setup with a parking ratchet. In fact, if you aren't changing pads you shouldn't have to undo the slide pins, just the larger bracket bolts. On those, if you tore them all of the way down:
1. Put the rotor on the hub
2. Put the caliper bracket over the rotor
3. make sure the slide clips are in place and lubricated
4. lubricate the back of the pads and put them into the caliper bracket
5. compress the piston (there's a tool for that, but a pair of pliers works just fine). Turn the piston, slowly so you don't outrun the dust boot, until it is completely retracted. It will continue to turn after being flush.
6. place the caliper back on the slide pins.
Powder coated took them apart so have to put the pins back in but one pin on each side has a rubber piece on bottom of pin, not sure if that pin goes in top or bottom....?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Powder coated took them apart so have to put the pins back in but one pin on each side has a rubber piece on bottom of pin, not sure if that pin goes in top or bottom....?
Have any pictures?

The slide pins should be identical. Smooth ground pins with a groove for a dust boot on the end with threads.
imagen2.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP

Breakineven

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium
Have any pictures?

The slide pins should be identical. Smooth ground pins with a groove for a dust boot on the end with threads.
imagen2.jpg
Hmmm strange, I am not home now but will have to look again....

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Interesting... the workshop manual doesn't say much about the slide pins, and I didn't take mine out. Any other differences in the pins or any differences in the bores on the bracket?

OP
OP

Breakineven

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium
They are same length but when it’s hexagonal shaped, I will have to take a look at bracket when I get home as you would think one of the holes would be hexagonal as well I guess. I glanced at them quick and looked the same but then again they were greased up so it’s very possible they are different.

OP
OP

Breakineven

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium
Interesting... the workshop manual doesn't say much about the slide pins, and I didn't take mine out. Any other differences in the pins or any differences in the bores on the bracket?
Well the tops are different as well but don’t see a difference in the bolts that would go into them either. I need a drink.
3F81A2AB-D526-41B0-9E07-DBFC66793994.jpeg
Sponsored