2016 Mustang GT/CS

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Would like to see the bare finish on a car with the bumper on. Might look like an intercooler on there. Probably not my flavor but might work for some.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
And the whipple site clearly states it will be delivered in bare finish, nothing about prototypes versus final versions.

"Each LTR comes with a nautural finish and the hardware required for a simple bolt on/replacement for current Whipple kits."

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=407
Which goes with what Whipple told me on the phone when I placed my order.
Prototypes have all been sold from what I know. They were the design for production. Natural finish is all that is sold right now, however, if ordered from Whipple they will do a color at an upcharge. This is how I got mine black.

Would like to see the bare finish on a car with the bumper on. Might look like an intercooler on there. Probably not my flavor but might work for some.
I will see if I can get [MENTION=26784]4orceFed[/MENTION] to post a pic of how his car is now for you to see. You can see the natural finish just like any other heat exchanger. Each grill stock, custom or deleted will show more or less. I didn't want to see mine thus ending up with black.

Here is Jays (4orceFed) with the natural. He has an aftermarket mesh that hides more than the stock grill did so most other grills will allow the HE to show more.

Last edited:

stang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
What are you guys doing with your old heat exchanger after you upgrade? Too bad we couldn't send the original back in for some type of core charge refund.

Sponsored

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
could try to sell it on here, maybe there are some stage 1 guys still out there without it. I will keep mine until I can verify the improvement. After that, shelf trophy most likely.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
What are you guys doing with your old heat exchanger after you upgrade? Too bad we couldn't send the original back in for some type of core charge refund.
maybe an Auto trans cooler if I can figure out there I would mount it :headbang:

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Shonda at Whipple just told me that it doesn't come in black. I'm sure this person is misinformed but it's frustrating when you can't get a straight answer.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I/m gonna have old heat exchanger/fans, pump 7 tank available, all brand new never installed, decided to put a 7 gallon PNR trunk mount tank in the car. should have some pretty good IAT's now! lol

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Shonda at Whipple just told me that it doesn't come in black. I'm sure this person is misinformed but it's frustrating when you can't get a straight answer.
It doesn't come in black. It's a special request that they can have done. Maybe give Mike a call there.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
She is probably in the know. I'm guessing there was some sort of production change since I first posted this thread. Originally there was a small number of prototypes that were bare aluminum and production versions would be black. I'm not sure if that has changed or if the first batch came in unpainted and now the plan is to have them stay unpainted and offer painting as an option?

I know one guy who will have the answers for us [MENTION=13288]Whipple SC[/MENTION]

S550Whipple12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.9l whipple
Anyone have the larger whipple heat exchanger and an upgraded mishimoto radiator
What are your temps like thinking about swapping to both

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have the larger whipple heat exchanger and an upgraded mishimoto radiator
What are your temps like thinking about swapping to both
I do but I'm still mid airlift install so I haven't driven it yet since the new heat exchanger

S550Whipple12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.9l whipple
I do but I'm still mid airlift install so I haven't driven it yet since the new heat exchanger
Great just wanted to know it fit
Did the engine radiator one drop head temps by much over stock

I'm in tx so summer heat is rough
Sponsored