breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Wonder if ford will warranty it hahahaha. It was a problem before the whipple and that valve is the same!

I'll do the test. Its an inexpensive part.
Sponsored

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
So here is the valve. Unplug the electrical connector and vacuum hose from it. Start the car up, put your finger on the nipple and see if there is any vacuum leaking. If so, new valve automatically. Pay careful attention to checking it, sometimes you need to leave your finger on there for a few seconds until it becomes obvious there is vacuum building up.

As far as warranty, it's in the grey area, but any reputable dealer will most likely take care of that if it is covered under warranty still. Being as those things are highly problematic, and in my opinion the S/C kit really doesn't affect the valve per se, I would cover it at least once, but that's just my personal opinion. If not, like you said it's cheap and easy to do, which in all honesty may be the easiest route so you do not have to schedule the car in at the dealer, have someone else under the hood/ect.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The car may not get driven until next week so I will check it then. I have a rattle in the driver door panel too that they tried to fix once and failed. I have about 2 months of warranty left so if it is the purge valve I may try to get them to replace it.

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Were you ever able to verify the purge valve fault?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yes. I did. It created vacuum with the electrical connector unplugged. I haven't had the CEL come back on. When/if it does I will bring it in. Either that or I'll just order a new valve and go ahead and replace it myself. They're like $33 I think.

Sponsored

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would highly recommend you just replace it, if there is vacuum leaking by with the connector unplugged that will influence the part and mid throttle fuel trims (unmetered air being introduced), as well as it can in extreme cases damage the fuel tank as it will create a vacuum and potentially start to crush/deform the fuel tank from negative internal pressure should the cap safety release fail, this is the exact reason the Focus has a recall at the moment, due to this valve leaking vacuum. The MIL may not come on until it the leak progression gets worse and it fails the test criteria, which at that point can induce some of the symptoms above.

I 2nd the replacement on your own at this point, simply because it's so cheap and easy.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'll order one today and get it replaced! Thanks for the heads up and guidance.
Sponsored