New To The Mustang

BRECKS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2019 F90 M5 Competition
Hi all, I have the F90 M5 Comp at this moment, great car it is too.
However always fancied a V8 Mustang.
The need of 4 seats on the odd occasion has hampered me, can a 5ft 8" person sit in those rear seats for a few hours?.
Also are there tuning kits that do NOT kill the Ford warrantee?
I would like to see 600 BHP, many thanks :)
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
they would fit it wouldn't be especially comfortable especially if the person infront of them is tall/has legs its the leg room that is the issue more than height like with my driving position there's about 3 inch behind my seat so only children can realistically fit back there.

ford do the roush line of superchargers branded as "ford performance" they will maintain warranty

OP
OP

BRECKS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2019 F90 M5 Competition
Many thanks, I will get a test drive as and when, thanks again.

OP
OP

BRECKS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2019 F90 M5 Competition
Just checked with fords, it will not fit the latest models as they have these Particulate exhaust filters.:crying:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just checked with fords, it will not fit the latest models as they have these Particulate exhaust filters.:crying:
there's '18 model superchargers coming out, already seen a few whipples :) but i know someones having a roush tested at MAP right now

Sponsored

OP
OP

BRECKS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2019 F90 M5 Competition
Be interested in the results TBH.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i would assume the the ford roush stuff will all come at about the same time.

OP
OP

BRECKS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2019 F90 M5 Competition
i would assume the the ford roush stuff will all come at about the same time.
Roush have stated on there site, it's NOT compatible with PPF on the latest cars. Sadly

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
I'd advise test-driving anyway and decide whether you really need more power (bearing in mind that the power delivery will be very different from the M5). After 11+ years in a 450bhp Vette followed by the same power in the heavier Mustang, I can't think of any situations on the road where I thought "if only I had more power"! (And even on track at Thruxton the Vette was more limited by tyres, brakes and my ability than by power).

OP
OP

BRECKS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2019 F90 M5 Competition
I'd advise test-driving anyway and decide whether you really need more power (bearing in mind that the power delivery will be very different from the M5). After 11+ years in a 450bhp Vette followed by the same power in the heavier Mustang, I can't think of any situations on the road where I thought "if only I had more power"! (And even on track at Thruxton the Vette was more limited by tyres, brakes and my ability than by power).
Some good points, will test drive the car for sure.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
just keep the TC on its pretty shit anyway but its better than nothing don't be the hero that test drove the demo car before me and stoved it into a lamp post. i never even got to drive one of these things until mine arrived because of that tool.

SpArKy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
people don't supercharge cos they need more power on the road. they do it cos it makes driving way more fun :) nothing like the ability to turn your daughters stomach upside down with one hit of the accelerator :)

Tim_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning blue S550 Coyote convertible
The back seats are fine for up to an hour. I’m 6’2” and found the back window glass to be quite close, hit a big bump and I’d know about it. Convertibles are better because the roof profile is more square.

LMLP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertable
I'm about 5'7" and my eldest is a bit taller than me now so must be just over 5'8" and he's recently spent 3 1/2 hours in the back behind me without complaining. But as others have said a lot will depend on your driving position and how far back you have your seat. Also helps I've got a Convertible which has more headroom in the back than the Coupe.
Sponsored