LJBrowny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
S197 GT, 1965 Coupe
Hi all,

My name is Lee and I'm Mustang mad. Already own an S197 GT and a 1965 Coupe V8 and I'm a member of MOCGB, SMUK etc.

My '65 was an investment/limited use car, the S197 is a weekend/special use car.

I need a new daily driver, and the 2018 GT has me focused in. If I jump to buy one, I have every intention of buying and keeping it as my 'forever' daily and using it pretty much all the time. So I have a few questions that hopefully some may be able to help with -

The Custom Packs, I take it you choose one of the four and that's it. CP3 is what I'm thinking to have every option there and the chrome with the forged wheels along with Kona Blue paint. Then every extra other than Recaro seats.

If the 2018 is a limited run, are we likey to see a whole new model, not just a facelift within 12/18 months?

Are there any dealers offering any incentives on Mustangs of any nature? I'd be looking at being a cash buser unless finance had some additional benefits.

Which dealerships have you had the best experiences with?

Cheers all, look forward to getting stuck in on the Forum.

Lee
Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
Hi all,

My name is Lee and I'm Mustang mad. Already own an S197 GT and a 1965 Coupe V8 and I'm a member of MOCGB, SMUK etc.

My '65 was an investment/limited use car, the S197 is a weekend/special use car.

I need a new daily driver, and the 2018 GT has me focused in. If I jump to buy one, I have every intention of buying and keeping it as my 'forever' daily and using it pretty much all the time. So I have a few questions that hopefully some may be able to help with -

The Custom Packs, I take it you choose one of the four and that's it. CP3 is what I'm thinking to have every option there and the chrome with the forged wheels along with Kona Blue paint. Then every extra other than Recaro seats.

If the 2018 is a limited run, are we likey to see a whole new model, not just a facelift within 12/18 months?

Are there any dealers offering any incentives on Mustangs of any nature? I'd be looking at being a cash buser unless finance had some additional benefits.

Which dealerships have you had the best experiences with?

Cheers all, look forward to getting stuck in on the Forum.

Lee
Welcome!

Just seen on Facebook that the MY19 is coming pretty quickly. Won’t be any huge updates but seems weird it’s coming so quickly. Maybe there is a design flaw somewhere?

Doubt you will get any sort of discounts. A few on here asked around and there was nothing to be had.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Lee,

We've spoken on MM / Whatsapp i think before (if you're who I think you are, and I don't think there are many staffs guys with a 65 AND a 197!).

The 18 will be around until probably 2021 when the s650 (generation 7 Mustang) comes out, which will be a full refresh, not an appearance refresh. Ford announced a while back there was no intention of doing another refresh after the 18 (albeit we know what ford are like!).

There's actually an early build slot for a MY18 with Aaron Borg of Sandicliffe Ford Nottingham, which was [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] 's cancelled ordered before he bought his Jag ftype SVR. So if you want to skip the queue, that's there. The spec is still changeable from what Aarons said to me, it's currently all options and OF.

to answer your questions

CP3/4 are the forged wheels variant. CP1/2 are none forged wheels.

CP1 = Shaker, sat nav, CC seats, econy wrapped center console (new to 18's), 19" multi spoke wheels/window surround in CHROME
cp2 = CP1 but with black wheels
CP3 = CP1 but with the Forged wheels (silver) and chrome window surrounds
cp4 = CP3 but with black window surrounds.

Ford claimed the MY15-17 was to be limited run, it never ended up being, i expect the My18 to be the same.

As for incentives, doubt it, best you'll get is a my15-17 with 0% interest from Bristol street motors, or maybe able to barter if paying in cash. The 18s I doubt will come with incentives, but, usually (dealer depending) they give you some goodies liek a mug, hat, keyring, usb stick all that stuff when purchase completes usually during handover.

OP
OP

LJBrowny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
S197 GT, 1965 Coupe
Cheers both, yeah Steve that's me from the MM...

It's good to hear the 18 will be going for a good few years, it's one of them when you could always wait for the 'next one' but in that case you'd never end up buying one! A sub 0-60 Mustang for the money they are with them aggressive looks is sucking me in big time. The upgrades make it worth it to me when it's going to be a kepeer :)

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
As for incentives, doubt it, best you'll get is a my15-17 with 0% interest from Bristol street motors, or maybe able to barter if paying in cash. The 18s I doubt will come with incentives, but, usually (dealer depending) they give you some goodies liek a mug, hat, keyring, usb stick all that stuff when purchase completes usually during handover.
Some dealers are advertising their 15-17 stock on ebay with discounted prices. ÂŁ2750 off-list for the soft tops.

I think the 0% adverts from Bristol Street are a bit 'tongue in cheek' by the way. They're well known for having massive "0%" adverts, but when you get to the small print, it's actually something like '0% on the first ÂŁ100 of the finance and then 1000% on the rest' or something ridiculous.

EDIT: just checked the Bristol Street deal out of interest. Appears that they do half the value at 0% over 3 years, so a ÂŁ20K interest free loan which isn't actually that bad.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Welcome Lee

That will be a mighty impressive looking driveway!

Pics of the coupe please! We dont see many on this forum :)

OP
OP

LJBrowny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
S197 GT, 1965 Coupe

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
The 18 will be around until probably 2021 when the s650 (generation 7 Mustang) comes out, which will be a full refresh, not an appearance refresh. Ford announced a while back there was no intention of doing another refresh after the 18 (albeit we know what ford are like.
Not strictly true given the production schedule but I can’t imagine another big raft of changes, maybe some special editions (Bullitt?):

03/02/2018 - 2018MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
03/22/2018 - 2018MY Last Day to Spec Change
06/07/2018 - 2018MY Job Last Date

03/12/2018 - 2019MY Order Bank Open Date
04/12/2018 - 2019MY Scheduling Begins
06/11/2018 - 2019MY Job #1 Date

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hopefully them pictures have uploaded properly...

That Bristol Street deal seems really good tbh for 3 years interest free, the more I search Google the more I really want an S550 that's for sure.
Very nice indeed...pics didn't upload but I had a peek on Flickr. Note - you need to find the "bb code". Click on share then it's in there :) The web address doesn't work

OP
OP

LJBrowny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
S197 GT, 1965 Coupe
Very nice indeed...pics didn't upload but I had a peek on Flickr. Note - you need to find the "bb code". Click on share then it's in there :) The web address doesn't work
Thank you, I'll see if I can find that code for future pic posts :)
Sponsored