Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Do you understand that you were running a file that was modified to work with different sync modules even the ones that were not designed to get this update.
And I should care why?

Editing a file to change what a piece of software can install on does NOT change that software's performance on the hardware it was intended for. Currently my Sync UI is faster than it was the day I got it. So I have 0 reason to think Ford does any specific system optimization.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
There's one very obvious difference after the update. Other than that only Ford knows.

The media screen has a better layout and now looks like this:
20210513_190758.jpg
That's my jam man :rockon:

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
And I should care why?

Editing a file to change what a piece of software can install on does NOT change that software's performance on the hardware it was intended for. Currently my Sync UI is faster than it was the day I got it.
I really don't care if you care but your input is irrelevant as you aren't running a direct ford file. Yes modding software can affect hardware and vise versa.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I really don't care if you care but your input is irrelevant as you aren't running a direct ford file. Yes modding software can affect hardware and vise versa.
In theory the actual files should be the same regardless of where they are downloaded them. That said whose to say Ford didn’t change some code in the official release versus what Cyanlabs released. So long as you stay with one download source you should be fine. I certainly wouldn’t play mix & match with them.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
15 years of IT and GPU driver editing and tweaking says otherwise.

Lockout files are often just a text file. That has 0 performance impact. You also have 0 evidence that (lock out file aside) ANY of the code in my version is different than yours.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
In theory the actual files should be the same regardless of where they are downloaded them. That said whose to say Ford didn’t change some code in the official release versus what Cyanlabs released. So long as you stay with one download source you should be fine. I certainly wouldn’t play mix & match with them.
That would throw out the build numbers then. NO quality developer is going to put out different code under the same build numbers. That's terrible revisioning practices.

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have been having problems with Sync crashing and going black. I did the last update a couple of weeks ago, now I will do this one and hope it works.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I have been having problems with Sync crashing and going black. I did the last update a couple of weeks ago, now I will do this one and hope it works.
Are you running Cyanlabs or Ford's direct file?

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15 years of IT and GPU driver editing and tweaking says otherwise.

Lockout files are often just a text file. That has 0 performance impact. You also have 0 evidence that (lock out file aside) ANY of the code in my version is different than yours.
So lets get this straight, Ford created/revised their software to only work on certain versions of hardware. Cyanlabs gets a hold of it and in order to make it work with old hardware dont they have to modify files?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
That would throw out the build numbers then. NO quality developer is going to put out different code under the same build numbers. That's terrible revisioning practices.
I totally agree but since the files Cyanlabs gets their hands on may not be final you never know.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I totally agree but since the files Cyanlabs gets their hands on may not be final you never know.
That's true of a LOT of their releases, but any that have matching build numbers to what Ford releases SHOULD be the same.

We are also assuming Ford uses proper development techniques.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
So lets get this straight, Ford created/revised their software to only work on certain versions of hardware. Cyanlabs gets a hold of it and in order to make it work with old hardware dont they have to modify files?
Yes, a type of lock out file. It does NOT change how that same code will work on hardware its intended for.

Windows 10 is made for new PC's I can force it to install on a Pentium 3. That doesn't mean that the same edited Windows 10 installer will now perform horribly on a New Core i7. In fact, it should still perform the exact same with or without the edit I made, as the edit makes 0 difference to anything that dictates performance. All it means is that it doesn't care to do a hardware check to see if it SHOULD or SHOULDNT install.

Now if we had EVEIDENCE that the actual RAM/CPU/ect changed for Sync3 between (did 8in touch screen sync3 start in 2016? dont remember) and 2021, now THAT would give reason to think that there are multiple versions of the Sync software that are tailored to the new hardware.

For example, Ford Sync 4 supports 8 and 15in screens. But with the bigger screen Ford MAY have changed the CPU/GPU in it, so I'd expect a Sync 4 installer may have performance issue till we find out more about the hardware in the new F-series.

Mustang Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible; 2006 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Like the new look.
However still does not work with the new Android Auto split screen or I'm too dumb to figure it out...
Anyone have the split screen working?

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Like the new look.
However still does not work with the new Android Auto split screen or I'm too dumb to figure it out...
Anyone have the split screen working?
Thats not a sync problem its your phone. Make sure that your phone has received the update. It also varies by carrier so while an S21 Verizon might have it, the Tmobile variant might still be waiting for the update.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Thats not a sync problem its your phone. Make sure that your phone has received the update. It also varies by carrier so while an S21 Verizon might have it, the Tmobile variant might still be waiting for the update.
I take it back so far split screen is only available on wide screens which the mustang does not have.
Sponsored