HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
As of now, it looks that any vehicle shipped with v3.0 or earlier will stick with v3.0 and any subsequent service releases (one due fairly shortly) for it.

That site is for NNG Nav in other global markets, hence, not valid.
I sort of expected that going in. But it makes no sense to continue to ask further questions after country code before ultimately saying the country code was the problem.

Rippermac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mac
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP A10
For those that are having a long time to update via USB. I found that using the one inside the armrest worked great and only took approximately 25 minutes on my 2018.

rubyredponycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Ruby Red - 1st Mustang
Has anyone else had an issue with voice texting using Apple car play? The issue I’m having is when I reply to a text and receive a new text Siri will ask if I want her to keep reading the new text. When I say yes she will say “I’m having trouble” and then not read the text and close. Until I select the text again and she will read it with no problem.
I never had this issue when it was new so I’m just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this or maybe there’s an update for Apple car play that I’m missing.

Sponsored

SpeedRacerXT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Yep, sure as hell doesn't update as regularly as say, nVidia GPU drivers.....

jackieboy8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible V6
Hi how can I update the sync 3 from US to EU? With grace notes? Thanks!

EDIT:
Just change country code in the APIM with Forscan and you get Multi-Language on latest software.

Last edited:

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
For any of you guys having update issues, two questions? What size and type of thumb drive are you using and where are you getting the update files?

When ever we update one in the office we always use one of these Samsung 64GB FIT thumb drives and an official update file from Ford. Using this I have never had an issue with an update, even when going from 1.0 to 3.0 18025 on a non NAV.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
For any of you guys having update issues, two questions? What size and type of thumb drive are you using and where are you getting the update files?

When ever we update one in the office we always use one of these Samsung 64GB FIT thumb drives and an official update file from Ford. Using this I have never had an issue with an update, even when going from 1.0 to 3.0 18025 on a non NAV.
Starting from v1.0 should always work. It's the residual that gets left on the system that prevents updating a second time. The workaround is to trick the system into loading a voice image that is much smaller (nav) to give the system room to extract the new files. It ends up leaving the residuals again. It's a huge, easy to fix, but Ford doesn't care, memory issue.

It has nothing to do with the external drive used.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
@TexasRebel You're referring to the two step method, correct? Or are you saying that after you update once from 1.0 there are issues? ie 2.2>3.0 or 2.3>3.0

I used to do the two step method on everything non NAV. However, since the last update (18025) I’m able to update directly. Doesn’t matter if I’m going from 1.0 to 3.0 or 2.2 to 3.0 or 2.3 to 3.0. It works every time. I’m not saying you need a 64GB I’m stating what works for us without issue because I get PMs and emails all of the time.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
@TexasRebel You're referring to the two step method, correct? Or are you saying that after you update once from 1.0 there are issues? ie 2.2>3.0 or 2.3>3.0

I used to do the two step method on everything non NAV. However, since the last update (18025) I’m able to update directly. Doesn’t matter if I’m going from 1.0 to 3.0 or 2.2 to 3.0 or 2.3 to 3.0. It works every time. I’m not saying you need a 64GB I’m stating what works for us without issue because I get PMs and emails all of the time.
The second thing. The 2-step method was just a cobbled together method of using the Lincoln upgrade early. The official non-nav upgrades incorporated the 2-step method automatically.

I'm not sure anyone had had trouble with the first update/upgrade (other than improperly extracted files).

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I gotcha. I had issues with non NAV 1.0 > 3.0 with the builds previous to 18025. I have never had an issue going 2.2 > 2.3 or 2.2> 3.0 etc. Nav or otherwise, If I use the 18025 and that drive. Several of my DIY customers have also reported success in going from 2.2 or 2.3 to 3.0 using 18025 and the 64GB drive.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
Out of curiosity, what's the latest Sync 3 version(build) for the 15-17 APIMs out there?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Out of curiosity, what's the latest Sync 3 version(build) for the 15-17 APIMs out there?
Technically, the latest is 19149. Should be available via dealer update soon. Not sure on when the OTA/USB updates will be available for the respective regions.
Sponsored