Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
I'll bet they are just going to abandon everything before '19.

Hopefully they are forced to open the source!
I believe there's another update for v3.0 in maybe a month or two. Not sure what all is planned after that though for the v3.0 branch. But yeah, the v3.3+ releases are all linked to the newer APIM hardware on MY19+.

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
The USB hubs can be found on Amazon for $45 with prime shipping

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
And here I sit with 2.3 still, and a unit that refuses to update. I think I'd need a real life wizard to get this garbage Sync 3 thing to work.

Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
I been looking for the same. Not sure why this info is so hard to get.
I don’t believe that detail is made readily available short of info pushed to dealers, for example the latest 3.3 build removes the network connection pop up.

Absolutely nothing. No errors, just plain old nothing.
Check PM. See if we can get you updated.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Please post the previous one or link it!
I can't even find mention of the previous ones anymore. The release notes were on the update pages at owner.ford.com if you searched deep enough for them, but never more than a vague "performance update" and "bug fix" line... There was one mention of the missing '$' character in v3.0 I believe.

EDIT: found a copy
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/files-1266/EFC06437.pdf

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
I can't even find mention of the previous ones anymore. The release notes were on the update pages at owner.ford.com if you searched deep enough for them, but never more than a vague "performance update" and "bug fix" line... There was one mention of the missing '$' character in v3.0 I believe.

EDIT: found a copy
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/files-1266/EFC06437.pdf
Yep, that was along the lines of what I meant. The vast majority are 100,000ft level "bug fixes" types. The one linked is the most detailed one I've seen. I know they're trying to gather up more info for the dealers on the software changes, so perhaps they'll release more of this style with some added detail in the future.

As far as v3.3 goes, 19052 (latest) items are the removal of the network connection pop up, a fix for TTS read out of street names (mainly impacting Europe), and I believe a fix or two related to backup camera. Not aware of full details on though though.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Yep, that was along the lines of what I meant. The vast majority are 100,000ft level "bug fixes" types. The one linked is the most detailed one I've seen. I know they're trying to gather up more info for the dealers on the software changes, so perhaps they'll release more of this style with some added detail in the future.

As far as v3.3 goes, 19052 (latest) items are the removal of the network connection pop up, a fix for TTS read out of street names (mainly impacting Europe), and I believe a fix or two related to backup camera. Not aware of full details on though though.
So the old APIM with the connection popups are SOL?

EliteGeeks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I know my 2017 Mustang with a 2018 APIM is like build 17k - Post says 18k is available yet I can't find it for download. Any hints on how to get the latest SYNC 3 version so I can manually install?
Sponsored