New suspension/pops when turning

Devindc625

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Hey. So i have a non PP 2016 ecoboost mustang and i replaced every part of the suspension about a month and a half ago. I didnt lower the car so its stock height. When i stop completely and then go to make a turn (only happens when taking a right) the drivers side front wheel area makes a loud pop. It only happens once. Ive gotten the wheel off to check for loose bolts and re torqued all of it but still it pops. Like i said its all completely new stuff controls arms and all. Only thing i did that i havent done before is adjustable sway bar links and i more or less matched them up to stock ones. Anyone have an idea? Oh and yes it was aligned immediately after install and it has camber kit on front
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Torque your sway bar endlinks to 80 ft/lbs.

OP
OP
Devindc625

Devindc625

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Well i got the chance to tighten them and it seemed to help.i drove across town with no pops. And on the way back i heard one....after putting about 30 miles in the popping is coming back? The sway bar links are Whiteline Brand from American muscle.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I've got steeda links and had the pop until I re torqued them. Try a star washer and some lock tite.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
The ARB connection is pure crap. They have massively oversized holes and then hope that the clamping load of the fastener stops any relative motion. In reality, it needs some sort of top hat bushing that takes up the excess space between the ARB or strut mount hole and the stud.

It's very easy to get a clunk there regardless of how hard you've cranked down on the nut.
Sponsored