New Steeda h pipe install

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Well guys I just installed a resonator delete h pipe from Steeda. I do have a stock non active exhaust. I do notice it does have a tinny sound to it, and it has a tinny sound when going up in the rev range. I am trying to see, if that’s is normal. Then is there a way to mellow it out, without having my neighbors hate me. I don’t want to go back to stock, because then it will pretty much means wasted my time and money getting it installed.
I find the stock mufflers tinny as well once the suitcase is removed. Just normal. Others like the sound since it's a subtle increase. Sound is subjective. You could piece together an axle back or just go full 3" with a catback. Either way will address that tinny sound.
Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Im going with the Roush, too many good comments. Its definitely a lot louder on cold start now with just the Switchfire. But I want a little more lol.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
For those that are following & are interested ... Steeda has some great offerings on the Steeda H-Pipe & X-Pipe:

https://www.steeda.com/

TJ

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think you will be very satisfied with your choice. The Steeda sounds similar to the Roush......with just a tiny bit less noise. You will definitely get louder when you change out that axle-back to the Roush. :) The young man across the street from me recently bought his car and added the Roush exhaust. HIs start-ups always get my attention, even though mine is just as loud lol. He does park outside though.

Oh wait, I thought you were adding the Roush axle-backs to your Switchfire. If you like loud, you probably want to go with an axle-back as well.

Im going with the Roush, too many good comments. Its definitely a lot louder on cold start now with just the Switchfire. But I want a little more lol.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I am. The Borla is on now to replace the resonator, and I am going to install the Roush axle-back next month likely. Should be plenty lol.

Sponsored

PetulantSenior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I installed the Borla Switchfire with the stock muffler. It was definitely louder and raspier. Removed stock mufflers and replaced with Ford Performance by Borla. Deepened the sound at idle, slightly quieter too, and when I romp it sounds f'ing awesome.
All this, of course, is just my interesting point of view.
YMMV

djcodeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT roush SC
I have heard the tinny sound is due to loose clamps... I would suggest adding some rtv copper inside the clamps that feel loose...
Check this by having someone else Rev the engine while you use your hands with gloves on, to apply pressure to the clamped areas..
Sponsored