c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
This engine bay looks like the one in the 2006 Mustang GT. Quite honestly I like the engine bay on my 2011 Mustang GT better than the new one but in all honesty, what makes it look that good it's nothing but a cheap piece of plastic on top of the engine and I am totally against fake staff with no purpose in mind so I am find if this is how the engine bay looks in the Shelby. After all Ford is trying to make it affordable or at least not as expensive as what the z28 was. What I like about this new GT350 is that Ford will be offering a gutted out version and you too have the option to add tech pack, leather seats, navigation and Staff like that. Same as the Mustang GT but in a different level unlike the Boss 302 which only option was to choose the color of your car. For now I will just focus on finishing paying my 2011 Mustang GT, hopefully I can sell it for 18k or so when it comes time trade it in for a Shelby and finance the rest :headbang:

I don't disagree with your comment about leaving out the non-functional bits to reduce weight, but again...that Hellcat engine bay is clean not because it has a bunch of plastic bits covering things up but clean because there isn't much of anything out of place or just "laying there." Look at from this perspective- when you look at how older muscle is being "reborn" now with resto-mods the engine bay is treated with just as much attention as anything else. These GT350's are going to be treasured years from now, maybe even as much as old (and new) Ferraris are now and look at how much attention is paid to their engine bays. Some even have see-through "bonnets" to show them off. Granted, they're 4,5 (and much more) times the price but we gear heads (and/or wealthy people) who'll purchase the GT350's care more about things like how the engine bays look than do the masses.

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
Here is the GT350 shop in different color combos. Not the best job but I try my best. Let me know if you have some color combos in mind.

I would love to see a Black with Red Stripes

Folgrim21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 blk with 6"BDS , 2017pp recaro Mag
I don't disagree with your comment about leaving out the non-functional bits to reduce weight, but again...that Hellcat engine bay is clean not because it has a bunch of plastic bits covering things up but clean because there isn't much of anything out of place or just "laying there." Look at from this perspective- when you look at how older muscle is being "reborn" now with resto-mods the engine bay is treated with just as much attention as anything else. These GT350's are going to be treasured years from now, maybe even as much as old (and new) Ferraris are now and look at how much attention is paid to their engine bays. Some even have see-through "bonnets" to show them off. Granted, they're 4,5 (and much more) times the price but we gear heads (and/or wealthy people) who'll purchase the GT350's care more about things like how the engine bays look than do the masses.
It's just the dam coolant overflow tank !!!!!!!! I'll get over it the sec I turn the key... I may not need any stereo in at all now that I think about it

Sponsored

Folgrim21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine Bays?!? We talking about Engine Bays? Not the actual car, but the Engine Bay?!?
Lol I know buds... But I just really hate that tank!! I think your post is right on the money.

Folgrim21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol I know buds... But I just really hate that tank!! I think your post is right on the money.
I just re read mine. It's reads like a bash but it was supposed to be In agreement with c3po

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
Engine Bays?!? We talking about Engine Bays? Not the actual car, but the Engine Bay?!?

Honestly, it's the only part of the car I'm not entirely in love with. Everything else- time to fap.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
So a general engineering question does come to mind, though. Since an FPC has less rotational mass and can presumably generate more horsepower with less effort than a CPC, wouldn't that make an engine that uses an FPC at least marginally more fuel efficient than an engine of similar displacement and construction that uses a CPC? I'm sure there are many other factors I'm not thinking of ... Anyway, just curious. :)
Sponsored