Sponsored

Looks like we finally got that 3100 TVS update

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
for what its worth Kong also posted yesterday they will not be working on the 3100 due to performance issues
its been whispered about and the 3.1 is a turd
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
OP
OP
AZ_whippleS550

AZ_whippleS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT
Maybe... but...

https://www.boostaddict.com/content...-1203-rwhp-with-Magnuson-TVS3100-supercharger

Tuned by VMP.

Maybe it is slug... or maybe not. From what I’ve just read from searching google, it appears to be working out for some.

Any way you look at things, it may not be the best time to be endorsing things like this by tuners and performance companies.
look closer at the dyno graph its uncorrected on a winter day in Florida I don't think a 2650 would have any issues doing the same thing

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
This has nothing to do with the epa.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I dunno, it seems as though he's pretty bummed from the results. I'll bet a lot of time and money went into the prototype and to have it not live up to expectations, would bum me out as well.
Possibly
its been whispered about and the 3.1 is a turd
What a pooch!

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I did.
Not sure if you know, but those people are IN the industry. Not sure if you know. LOL

Do you have any links??
POST UP!!!!!
Well, I guess if they’re in the industry they must be absolutley spot-on in their assessments.
Its not like they’d allow their corporate interests to influence their outlook.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Well, I hope you're right.
Because as I understand it,..........NO MODIFICATIONS on ANY car with a VIN. Any modification.

And I think it's terrible that they are trying to erase this Americana from our history. What a shame. I'm sick to my stomach about it. Terrible.
Sounds pretty dumb to me. I can see if it affects emissions since that's what most states are looking at (including the feds) but if I want to strengthen the unibody underneath or install a bar between the strut towers, etc. that's my business. Since when is this country becoming a communist nation? Oh, wait, I forgot that Biden is President now....

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
The people who slap FI in an irresponsible manner on a factory car are so inconsequential in number it matters not a whit to pollution. They are just an easy enforcement/extortion target.

All the industry has to do is spend the time and effort to make an emissions-compliant solution from end to end. It's been done, obviously, it's just expensive (time). Or all you FI cowboys learn to live with factory motors on the public streets and if you gotta have more on the "cheap" you convert it to dedicated track use. I mean what good is 600+HP on the street anyway? So go to the strip, and trailer your racing machine there and back. It's hardly an imposition.

If you want cheap thrills, and sub-10, buy a GSXR 1000 for 10 grand. "fast" in car land is just hilarious.

Last edited:

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
The people who slap FI in an irresponsible manner on a factory car are so inconsequential in number it matters not a whit to pollution. They are just an easy extortion target.

All the industry has to do is spend the time and effort to make an emissions-compliant solution from end to end. It's been done, obviously, it's just expensive (time). Or all you FI cowboys learn to live with factory motors on the public streets and if you want "cheap" more, you convert it to dedicated track use. I mean what good is 700+HP on the street anyway, you can only use it at the strip, so trailer your racing machine there and back. It's hardly an imposition.
Oh, oh. I think you're gonna start the whole " It iS mY rIGht To HAVe a 700hP BecAusE laST tiME I chEck I waS bORn in a FreE CounTRY"

lol

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
Oh, oh. I think you're gonna start the whole " It iS mY rIGht To HAVe a 700hP BecAusE laST tiME I chEck I waS bORn in a FreE CounTRY"

lol
You forgot to add the "freedom of speech" part too.....

Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
The people who slap FI in an irresponsible manner on a factory car are so inconsequential in number it matters not a whit to pollution. They are just an easy enforcement/extortion target.

All the industry has to do is spend the time and effort to make an emissions-compliant solution from end to end. It's been done, obviously, it's just expensive (time). Or all you FI cowboys learn to live with factory motors on the public streets and if you gotta have more on the "cheap" you convert it to dedicated track use. I mean what good is 600+HP on the street anyway? So go to the strip, and trailer your racing machine there and back. It's hardly an imposition.

If you want cheap thrills, and sub-10, buy a GSXR 1000 for 10 grand. "fast" in car land is just hilarious.
What good is a 200+hp bike on the street?

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
What good is a 200+hp bike on the street?
It's not, my 115hp 600cc bike was way too easy to go fast on. Really it was only good for the track it was good to about 155mph on the straight where the S1000rr's could hit 180+.
Sponsored