19 A10 GT
Dang and I was hoping it would’ve been something to look forward to

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Interesting.

I bet there’s more to it though... not buying it...

We will see...

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
Interesting to see what happens with VMP when literally all of their systems are "off road use only".

Sponsored

Veteran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT white
Just speculating, but with all this EPA clampdown, they probably don’t feel like investing in new products.
They may not even have a business soon ?!

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Just speculating, but with all this EPA clampdown, they probably don’t feel like investing in new products.
I agree completely. Likely they’re in a wait and see mode versus bringing in and developing / spending money on a new offering.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I think if it keeps going the way it's going,............we're done with modding cars. Everyone is. Every single one of us.

Absolutely horrible!!!
Would anyone here really think that your Great Country would come to this?? Absolutely terrible!!!

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
I think if it keeps going the way it's going,............we're done with modding cars. Everyone is. Every single one of us.

Absolutely horrible!!!
Would anyone here really think that your Great Country would come to this?? Absolutely terrible!!!
I've managed to follow the rules and am perfectly happy. Seems like it's all the "catless cowboys" who are pitching a fit.

Seriously, we have cars from the factory coming out with 700+ horsepower and options to get you there which are EO compliant.

I still remember back when the C5 Zo6 came out with 405hp (I had an integra at the time) and everyone thought that car was a monster.

Take a deep breath, you'll be fine.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
I've managed to follow the rules and am perfectly happy. Seems like it's all the "catless cowboys" who are pitching a fit.

Seriously, we have cars from the factory coming out with 700+ horsepower and options to get you there which are EO compliant.

I still remember back when the C5 Zo6 came out with 405hp (I had an integra at the time) and everyone thought that car was a monster.

Well as long as you are happy, that is all that matters pumpkin.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3

Well, I hope you're right.
Because as I understand it,..........NO MODIFICATIONS on ANY car with a VIN. Any modification.

And I think it's terrible that they are trying to erase this Americana from our history. What a shame. I'm sick to my stomach about it. Terrible.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Well as long as you are happy, that is all that matters pumpkin.
Is it really that difficult to understand the public benefit to you not being allowed to emit as much NOx & CO into the air as you please?

Well, I hope you're right.
Because as I understand it,..........NO MODIFICATIONS on ANY car with a VIN. Any modification.
Please cite your sources here, because this is NOT the way I understand it. It just won't be a free-for-all anymore with people deleting their cats/dpf/scr systems anymore. This benefits everyone except for those making money on the deletes.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I don't believe it's the end of modifying cars, but it may make it way more difficult and limit the options to do it legally.

Many supercharger manufacturers have 50 state legal kids with tunes with a CARB EO number, I don't see that going away.

Ford Performance has CARB EO tunes and modifications, I don't see that going away.

Livernois posted a video about them investing in CARB EO approval for parts and tunes that they sell. Their reputation aside, good on them for doing so. Maybe they saw this coming a few years back when the diesel shops got hit. Heck, VMP got hit by the EPA in 2019, just Google it and see.

As many have mentioned, the obvious products or tunes that skirt emissions compliance is what will get hit the hardest.

Much of this is up for interpretation until we really see the fall out and what comes next.

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I dunno, it seems as though he's pretty bummed from the results. I'll bet a lot of time and money went into the prototype and to have it not live up to expectations, would bum me out as well.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Please cite your sources here, because this is NOT the way I understand it. It just won't be a free-for-all anymore with people deleting their cats/dpf/scr systems anymore. This benefits everyone except for those making money on the deletes.

Please don't ask me to give cliffs, like others have asked. I'm not doing that. I don't want to spread any misinformation.
If anyone is a car guy/gal, they need to watch the videos. It's all explained in these videos here.
Sponsored