Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 S550 GT
Hi All !

I've picked her up, she's arrived- my manual GT 😁

Previously had 2 Mercedes W176 A45's and lastly prior to the Mustang, a BMW F82 M4 competition. Went to the US 2 years ago, had a stang rented out for 2 weeks and wanted one ever since!

I've got a few questions as I'm very unfamiliar on this side of the pond, German cars I wasn't too bad but now, clueless lol!

1. Looking to get a H pipe fitted to accompany the active exhaust, was hoping for any recommended places (I'm based in London)
2. Is there any recommended coders/ remote coders? Any specific apps I can try and learn to code some things on, e.g reverse mirror dip, accoustic lock, mirrors folding upon locking etc?
3. Any other recomendations to get more of that amazing V8 sound, besides from the H pipe, would the next step be a map, "GPF" removal and cold air intake?

Any responses will be grealy appreciated, thanks a million!

PXL_20211230_134208524~2.jpg

PXL_20211230_134321330~3.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Manual or auto and what options did you get ? 😁

GT101 are based in Essex

Can the GPF on the 2018+ even be removed yet ?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Search 'FORSCAN' (not FORSKIN :bandit:) - that's the commonly used software for electronic mods on a mustang (e.g. changing the splash screen / number of momentary indicator flashes / adding the axle temp gauge etc etc) :like:

It will be interesting to hear your comparisons to the M4 (my bro has a 3 year old M4 comp) :like:

WD :like:

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Can the GPF on the 2018+ even be removed yet ?
Although not advertised as such, it looks like one of the UK tuners might have removed them from this car :

Sponsored

OP
OP
markdan

markdan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 S550 GT
Appreciate the replies, thank you!

I went for the Custom Pack 2 as I wanted the black contrasting components, Manual 6 speed 😈

In my 3 days of ownership so far, first thoughts: comfort in the stang compared to the M4, feel like I'm floating now lol. M4 however had better handling, always knew that given the chasis and what the car was really built for. Sound, the stang all day long! Suprised the stang has more tech, that I did not expect and I'm really impressed by! My M4 was doing 0-60's in 4 seconds flat so I do feel the difference of course but that I knew that already before purchasing the stang, the NA V8 is a totally different beast- rev match is a game changer for me too! I know I can get the speed at a cost in the stang, so that can wait, not rushing for it now as I'm loving it for how it is currently 😎
They are two totally different cars, it really does feel like a true muscle car and that I LOVE, the C63 which has been argued to be a 'modern day muscle car' was an option but it doesnt give the same feeling or sound for sure!

Looking forward to the H pipe, from my limited research it seems to give the deepest sound, and I'm tempted to also do a back box mod. Done this on all my previous cars (with 'PCW_Exhaustmods' - Instagram)

I will be sure to look at ForeScin for the coding 😂

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Welcome mate to the GT club, Ive come over from BMW too, last one being the OG M2. Totally agree with your above comments. M cars are a fair bit more sorted but the GT makes up in other ways. Had mine just over 2 years, honestly i can say that some days i miss my M2 but then other days I am glad ive got the GT. Like you say different cars.

Coding from what I have read is a faff on the GT in comparison to BMW's so i havent bothered. I did all sorts on my BMW's via an app on my phone, cant recall its name now but was so easy.

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
You'll love it, well done!
To tidy up the cheap Ford crap under the hood you need to get
Hood struts
Covers for those awful ugly plastic bottles for the coolant and the brake reservoir

Check out RPI, they can supply the lot and paint the tank covers to match the body colour

Happy Driving

Sponsored

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Have you got Magneride or not ?
Magnaride or non magnaride Mustang GT's both feel floaty in comparison to any M car in my very very humble opinion. My M2 was firm but still a comfortable car although some said it was to firm, i would argue not, having borrowed an m4c for a weekend I have pretty much the same opinion of that, firm but fine. The GT feels detached at times, its odd as although the GT is pretty well planted it then can exhibit a vagueness too. something i never experienced in M cars. Love it though even with its strange characteristics.

Be interesting to hear the OP thoughts though.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Under normal / fast road driving, bro’s M4 comp rides with a similar firmness to my MR GT in the sport+ setting.

From being a passenger, he actually commented on his surprise of how firm / responsive the MR GT felt.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Magnaride or non magnaride Mustang GT's both feel floaty in comparison to any M car in my very very humble opinion. My M2 was firm but still a comfortable car although some said it was to firm, i would argue not, having borrowed an m4c for a weekend I have pretty much the same opinion of that, firm but fine. The GT feels detached at times, its odd as although the GT is pretty well planted it then can exhibit a vagueness too. something i never experienced in M cars. Love it though even with its strange characteristics.

Be interesting to hear the OP thoughts though.
Agree - they are just too heavy, but Magneride (having driven both) gives much more control in sport settings compared to the really rather comfortable normal mode. I use mine as a daily and actually a comfortable GT is what I wanted, never been a fan of the brutal ride in some Germans! Even my son's Fiesta ST3 gets tedious on long journeys.

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Agree - they are just too heavy, but Magneride (having driven both) gives much more control in sport settings compared to the really rather comfortable normal mode. I use mine as a daily and actually a comfortable GT is what I wanted, never been a fan of the brutal ride in some Germans! Even my son's Fiesta ST3 gets tedious on long journeys.
The fez ST MK3 whilst great fun is pretty harsh totally agree. What I can't agree with is WDPRO, the GT for me ust isn't anywhere near an m4c handling wise, maybe it's my driving skills or lack of them, the GT again for me doesn't give me the confidence that M cars do, the GT is a decent handling car just not as good when pushing IMO SO we will agree to disagree on that without falling out HOPEFULLY 🤣

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I was carful with my wording - I’m in no doubt the M car won’t out handle it, but it’s defo ‘firm’ and not ‘floaty’ like the typical mustang reputation :like:

Sponsored