Sponsored

New GT, some questions

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I found this place recently for stripes...

https://autodesign.shop

They have a good selection for the Mustang, but I can't vouch for quality yet. Pricewise, they're cheaper than buying from the states.

I've worked with vinyl quite a bit and did my own stripes on my first Mustang. If you're not completely comfortable with applying them, then you're probably better off leaving it to a professional.

That said, there are plenty of good tutorials on Youtube
Sponsored

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just my thoughts on immobilisers such as Ghost's. I had one on my M2 as i had comfort access (keyless entry basically) which is subject to potential relay theft although most performance BMW's on the forum I was on went via people having their homes broken into and keys stolen so things like the Ghost cover against those types of theft. I couldnt turn off keyless entry in the M2 and didnt initially park in a garage so it was essential in that case IMO.

My advice is if you dont get a Ghost/Pandora is to turn off keyless entry on your Mustang via the menu, thats what i have done. Haven't bothered with an immobiliser on the GT as I park in my garage and don't see the GT as a target unlike M cars and Golf R's, Audi S/RS etc. The BMW forum I was on was a depressing read at times as it seemed like someone was reporting the theft of some sort of performance BMW almost weekly (probably more like 2 a month but even so). We just dont seem to see reports (fingers crossed) very often at all on here.

If you park in a garage i really wouldnt bother, other than disabling keyless entry.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mrninja13

Mrninja13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

I ended up booking an appointment to get a Pandora Storm installed (just in the nick of time before the price increase), and also booking with Reddiwraps for the sttipes. They did a mustang just a couple of days ago.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
not sure when the option to turn off keyless entry arrived but MY17 GT doesn't have that option so it's faraday pouches and a garage. When the time comes to move house and the car has to sit outside (damn new house builders and their 1960's garage size specifications) I'll be fitting a steering lock. Anything that adds time to stealing a car makes it less attractive to steal, imho

OP
OP
Mrninja13

Mrninja13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
A bit of an update.

I ended up getting a Pandora immobiliser for peace of mind (just before the price increase). It seems to work pretty well, although their app is terrible and crashes constantly.

I also got the stripes done at Reddiwraps, cost about ÂŁ400 but the car looks so much better with them imho!

IMG_1407_2.jpg

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Excellent choice on stripes, looks awesome that :handsinair:

Liam O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT Shadow Edition
Stripes look great! Have you got any other mods planned? It's a slippery slope :crackup:

OP
OP
Mrninja13

Mrninja13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Ah ah slippery slope indeed.

I do plan to add an H pipe, strut brace and BRM cradle lockout, but I'll wait a bit in case there are some new car snags.

In the meantime I have to figure out how to make the front plate to stick properly, grrr

Vince

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Ah ah slippery slope indeed.

I do plan to add an H pipe, strut brace and BRM cradle lockout, but I'll wait a bit in case there are some new car snags.

In the meantime I have to figure out how to make the front plate to stick properly, grrr
I dont know since i have no issues with my front plate but have you considered a stick on plate. Might work.
Screenshot_20210716-103730_Chrome.jpg

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Looks like you have a pressed metal plate? I have the same (from ukmetalplates) and mine is thin enough to bend to the curve of the bumper. Standard 1" automotive double sided sticky tape has held mine on for years now.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mrninja13

Mrninja13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Looks like you have a pressed metal plate? I have the same (from ukmetalplates) and mine is thin enough to bend to the curve of the bumper. Standard 1" automotive double sided sticky tape has held mine on for years now.
Yes I have the same plates. The only stickers that actually held were the ones that came with the plates. I will try some Halford ones today, as I've heard they're quite good.

The trouble is that the front stripes are getting ruined with all the sticker changes :/

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yes I have the same plates. The only stickers that actually held were the ones that came with the plates. I will try some Halford ones today, as I've heard they're quite good.

The trouble is that the front stripes are getting ruined with all the sticker changes :/
If you can pull the plate off easily, a good method for removing the remaining sticky pads is to soak some makeup pads in some adhesive remover, stick them over the sticky pads and leave them for a bit, should peel off with no trouble after that.

Liam O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT Shadow Edition

I've got halfords plates, they are fine and bend enough only down side is the razor sharp edges! At the moment mines just screwed in but its starting to bug me. Could always try magnetic plate with the magnets fitted behind the bumper
Sponsored