New motor

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
I recently punched a hole in my oil pan and the dealer claimed I needed a new motor. I don't believe them but that's got nothing to do with my question. The question is when they replace the motor do they use the old ecu the reason i ask is cause I have the ford performance kit and the tune would be wrong if they changed the ecu.. I really don't think they would change it because it did no't blow the motor did and the car is running perfect also it's a ford dealer and there not going to replace anything unless they have to. Just need your opinions.
Sponsored

OP
OP

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
They will use old ECU and plug into it.
Ok thank that means they didn't screw up my tune. I bought a base wrx for the awd, 4 doors and big trunk but nothing beats the sound & pull of a gt although the wrx is a real driver's car & a lot of fun.

OP
OP

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
True but it also means they will.dicover the tune and may have ground to decline warranty.
It's the Ford Performance tune so now my 36000 miles starts from scratch. Or at worst a replacement motor may only be covered for 24000 miles. I'll look that up right now.

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
it all depends on dealer... mine didnt see that previous owner gutted cats and had a tune to hide everything... fortunately for me they didnt see it till new engine was approved and mostly installed... i wouldnt say anything. Warranty wont restart even w/new engine. it will stay w/factory warranty or w/e extended you may have. it will not reset...

OP
OP

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
it all depends on dealer... mine didnt see that previous owner gutted cats and had a tune to hide everything... fortunately for me they didnt see it till new engine was approved and mostly installed... i wouldnt say anything. Warranty wont restart even w/new engine. it will stay w/factory warranty or w/e extended you may have. it will not reset...
36 months unlimited mileage. So I'm back to
New motor is 36 months unlimited mileage. The ford performance is 36 months 36000 miles what ever comes first so either way I'm good to go.
Sponsored