New here My MACH1 idea

Should Ford make this?

• Total voters

5.ooooooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O7 merc mountianeer premier
Hi I always read post here on my free time being a mustang fan. But now i have something to share and thought I sign up. I had this idea for the longest so here goes. As most of us know that there is the possibility of the mach 1 coming back. I have my own idea of what the car should be in production. Dont worry its not another suv. I should note that this is a basic rough draft of my idea, so here goes.

The s550 gt350 has been around since 2015. With this model being out for 6 years a replacement is due. So enter the Mach 1 which in theory would replace or take over the gt350s spot in the line up. (Theirs nothing wrong with the 350, its my dream car but within the next 2-3 years its overall performance will be below other cars that are better or are catching up.

PERFORMANCE
Should perform better than the 350R but less than the base 500 i had to wait to see reviews of the 500 to benchmark it below the 500.
Heres the specs
5.8 351 or N/A 5.2 predator from the gt500 just like they with the Terminator engine with the new edge mach1 with HYBRID power train remember the ford patent
645 Hp/600-615 torque ten to twenty five less than the 500.
7500rpm

Tremec 6 speed manual maybe dual clutch for later models

Magnetic ride control with adjustable cambers

Develop AWD system with GKN with torque vectoring. Should be rwd biased, maybe 60/40 for rwd drive feel.

Adjustable splitter with control rods

Flared out front fenders like the mysterious white mustang spotted on the freeway video.u

Carbon fiber drive shaft

regenerative braking

Should actually be good-great on gas

Overall the car will be a hybrid in more ways than just powertrain. 1) awd with torque vectoring will be great for cornering on track.2) the hybrid powertrain will have instant torque and grip for launches at the drag strip.3) with optional camber adjustments from the factory it can handle like a drift car.

Overall the car should handle like its on rails but should still be a drivers/skill car when driving.

APPEARANCE

Those that like the new 18+ front end only have the gt level 2 as the highest performance option available. Simce the shelbys use the 15-17 front end. The mach 1 should use the 18+ look. Ford Performance can tune the s550 platform or develop a way to have the chasis as good as the shelbys with the carbon composite front end.

Aggresive 18+ front end

Gloss black 71 honeycomb style grille or 70 style grille the 2012 Boss 302 is a simple example

Modernized grille sport lights shaped like the trapezoid surrounding the horse emblem on the pony package but smaller.

The new shelby “swing” spoiler can be used, take out the middle section of the spoiler then you have a modernized 69-73 spoiler, but only if its still functional.

Wider opening on the lower grille for better airflow

Upper grill should concave like gt500

Intergrated front dive planes kind of like the add-ons on the R-Spec

Modernized magnum 500s, optional gloss black rims

Unique mach 1 headlights

Hood pins

Bring back 2-4 retro paint options limited for the first year only

1970 style hood stripe, maybe 2 grand option for them to be painted

Bare with me, an OPTIONAL functional ram air shaker hood. I stated optional because i know some may not like it. The standard hood should be the hood based off the mustang rocket

Overall it will have specific retro cues but not too much to saturate the car.

INTERIOR

Standard seat will be like the Bullets seats, recaros will have the same ribbed pattern

Recaros will be suede/alcantara with leather like 500 seats

Optional rear seat delete

Blue, red maybe tan interior stiching options

Retro style cluster like the 03/04 mustang

(For all future digital gauge cluster mustangs there should be an option to replicate all previous mustang gauge clusters from 65 till now.)

TRIMS

1 model with optional handling package

Should be a Ford Performance trim level

Im no bean counter but pricing could start at 57,400, handling package can cost 5 grand. A fulley load mach 1 with all the options should be no more than 67,000

Also SVO basically everything above instead with a 390hp 370tq ecoboost 4 banger with the 10 speed and maybe a tremec 6. What do you think this would cost?

I had this idea for awhile now. I think it would a great way for Ford to get ICE die hards to open up to electrification.
Instead of you know giving the mustang name to a crossover.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I definitely like the idea of the electronic dash being able to mimic some of the old-timey gauge faces if you can ignore the lack of actual bezels.

The problem with electrification is where are you going to fit the electric motors up front with torque vectoring diff? The C8 got the engine out of the way so now they have lots of room to play. Even if you put an electrical motor in series (or parallel) to the V8 you'll likely need to switch to a transaxle. Much time and money on this.

Putting the NA 5.2 engine from the GT500 is a good idea and easily doable. The higher trim GT definitely need to come with the Tremec and shit-can the MT82 down to ecoboost or base GT duty.

I like the notion of having cosmetic features that show hints of classic design elements but how much more they can do with sheet metal is probably limited. "brand managers" usually get upset when "the look" changes too much but with the Mach-E rationalization, maybe there are no "brand managers" over there any more...

If they want ICE people to adopt electrification, it's simple - build the Lithium.

A 400HP I-4 is unrealistic. Ford didn't bother to fix the warts in the block design they have now with the 2020 HPO motor.

OP
OP

5.ooooooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may updates this with
I definitely like the idea of the electronic dash being able to mimic some of the old-timey gauge faces if you can ignore the lack of actual bezels.

The problem with electrification is where are you going to fit the electric motors up front with torque vectoring diff? The C8 got the engine out of the way so now they have lots of room to play. Even if you put an electrical motor in series (or parallel) to the V8 you'll likely need to switch to a transaxle. Much time and money on this.

Putting the NA 5.2 engine from the GT500 is a good idea and easily doable. The higher trim GT definitely need to come with the Tremec and shit-can the MT82 down to ecoboost or base GT duty.

I like the notion of having cosmetic features that show hints of classic design elements but how much more they can do with sheet metal is probably limited. "brand managers" usually get upset when "the look" changes too much but with the Mach-E rationalization, maybe there are no "brand managers" over there any more...

If they want ICE people to adopt electrification, it's simple - build the Lithium.

A 400HP I-4 is unrealistic. Ford didn't bother to fix the warts in the block design they have now with the 2020 HPO motor.

This might work

https://pdfaiw.uspto.gov/.aiw?Docid...ageNum=&Rtype=&SectionNum=&idkey=116811F1B4DA
21484FC7-1A6F-49C9-87C6-7FAB72FFBBD9.jpeg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I like your thinking and, to be honest, many of your thoughts have been shared in the various Mach 1 threads to date. I think we'll be very lucky if a n/a 5.2 Predator engine is put in Mach 1.........but I think there's zero chance of a 351 / 5.7

The idea of the hybrid powertrain for Mach 1 has also been discussed previously, and some of us think its the ideal way to introduce a hybrid to the "real" Mustang lineup.

As for looks.....not all your points are covered here, but some are :)
Mach 1.jpg

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Some things to consider:

the GT350 has only been in select customers hands for under 4.5 years. Most customers got them 4 years ago. It isn’t 6.

next, your awd hybrid mustang would weigh 4300lbs and cost minimum 80k starting.

It would beat the GT500 base with awd

You’re thinking too large. The MACH1 isn’t a specialty mustang, it’s more like a top trim mustang.

5.2L, 500hp, manual or 10sp, knuckles/brakes from the 350.

offer a track handling package with splitter wickers, gurney flap, 20” lightweight forged wheels with Cup2s, no rear seat.

3800lbs, great balance, under 12 second 1/4 mile, and 55k start price up to 65k loaded with handling package.

that would sell and step on no toes. The 350 would have to be out of production.

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
As much as I'd also love to see an AWD Mustang with a V8 and electric motors, I suspect @Darkane is more correct this time around.

OP
OP

5.ooooooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some things to consider:

the GT350 has only been in select customers hands for under 4.5 years. Most customers got them 4 years ago. It isn’t 6.

I was including the early 2015 models albeit a few and the 2020 model year So that would make six

next, your awd hybrid mustang would weigh 4300lbs and cost minimum 80k starting.

Based on recent reviews from auto magazines, the Gt500 weighing 4,000 + still handles very well and is very fast for its weight. Iknow extra weight isnt good but if ford proved they can make the gt500 perform the way it is then they can with an awd setup. Pricing is something I unfortunately agree with you on but I doubt it would cost that much.

I know its why i stated the torque range should 600-615 since the gt500 is 625. Ford would have to tune it down so it dont beat the halo car.

You’re thinking too large. The MACH1 isn’t a specialty mustang, it’s more like a top trim mustang.

Im gen z,but IMO the Mach 1 was the highest mustang along with the boss lineup where the performance came from Ford instead of Shelby. I know the mid sixtys GT existed before the mach1 but GT to me stands for grand touring which is more cruiser like. Thats why i think the mach 1 should have high performance standards.

offer a track handling package with splitter wickers, gurney flap, 20” lightweight forged wheels with Cup2s, no rear seat.

3800lbs, great balance, under 12 second 1/4 mile, and 55k start price up to 65k loaded with handling package.

I agree with most of what you stated above☝, but IF (emphsis on IF) the mach 1 replaces the gt350 then it should surpass the gt350, such as having 640hp.But this would work great for a Boss302. 500hp, a standard set price would good. To me Ford already made the boss 302. The gtpp2. Ford just need to add coolers for the engine and transmission, tremec six speed with optional 10 speed. unique interior patterned seat ( the standard retro seats like on the Bullitt) and add the hood stripe and hockey stick graphics, also a unique hood/scoop.

that would sell and step on no toes. The 350 would have to be out of production.
F
Some things to consider:

Sponsored