Sponsored

New Lund e85 dyno numbers

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
No 1st mod was a Xpipe that made 418 then did the a cai and made 429. Then the e85 made 470
Thanks! I was told by my tuner not to get a CAI on a 2018+ so I've been curious to see a before and after. I can see why people don't do it as you would need two tunes to load.

Hopefully my question doesn't turn into 20 pages of fighting. CAI discussions can sometimes do that.

I keep E85 tune on mostly but have run E85R on occasion. You just never know what's in the pump.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
1st dyno graph was gains from just the cai. It’s a sealed injen style with no tune required. For the low end gains and pice it was well worth it. Plus when Brandon from Lund tuned it. He had no issues. I think Alex said they just treat it as a stock intake since the maf doesn’t change.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
1st dyno graph was gains from just the cai. It’s a sealed injen style with no tune required. For the low end gains and pice it was well worth it. Plus when Brandon from Lund tuned it. He had no issues. I think Alex said they just treat it as a stock intake since the maf doesn’t change.
I just have the K&N drop in and the carbon evap pad removed. I'm not sure how far off that setup would be but it doesn't look as nice as that Injen.

I've never dynoed but I'd be curious to try and E85R run while the ethanol content is still high enough. Even down here in Florida the E85 really drops in the winter and it's still hot as can be.

I can't really use the power I got now on E85 flex between the subframe and and factory Goodyear all season tires. Looking to get the steeda stop the hop kit and set of PS4S tires.

OP
OP

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Just a FYI for the new numbers. When it was on the dyno the three runs were back to back to back. So I was thinking it did pretty good not dropping off too much power considering it was pulling up to around 175mph and 7800ish rpms

Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
I think 470/440 through a A10 with basically Injen cai and E85 tune is pretty impressive. I added same CAI with ported 88mm TB, E85 tune, resonator back exhaust and car runs great! Feels super beefy in 1500-4000 rpm usable rpm range (his dyno shows it) torque wise. Cheers!

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
How did the car perform with just the Injen intake with no tune? Did you feel any performance increase on the street? Do you feel it’s worth the money if you aren’t tuning?

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I had e85 tuning pre intake. Intake helps! ;).
I'm curious too how a sealed intake compares to a K&N drop in filter and the hydrocarbon pad delete. As silly as it is, that hydrocarbon pad delete seems to make a bigger difference than people expect. On some car models it's matched aftermarket intakes. The only thing I can speculate is that it may cause some turbulence above the filter.

Any aftermarket is an automatic hydrocarbon filter delete.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
I get that weather shouldn’t play with the numbers due to the correction factors. I just wonder how accurate that is. My lightning at the dyno when it was 95 degrees outside sae corrected made less power with the same mods as it did when it was in the lower 50s sae corrected. Corrections can only correct so much of physics. Anyway track times are what matters most.

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost, A10
Vehicle Showcase
I get that weather shouldn’t play with the numbers due to the correction factors. I just wonder how accurate that is. My lightning at the dyno when it was 95 degrees outside sae corrected made less power with the same mods as it did when it was in the lower 50s sae corrected. Corrections can only correct so much of physics. Anyway track times are what matters most.
Are you sure, when you dynod in the 50s, a correction factor was used? The SAE CF corrects to 77°, so if it was in the 50s, on the same dyno, with similar humidity and barometer, it would show more power, with no CF.
Sponsored