New LMR SVE SP2 Wheels (PP2 Replica)

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Which company has the powder coated version, is it MMR or LMR? I think those was the companies, also, which accepts oem center caps? and ahwich has the best pricing? I really like SVE 350 wheels... but I want to be able to use my pony center caps, still.
Right from the LMR SP2 page:
OE Center Cap Note
Due to variations in the manufacturing of most stock center caps made by Ford, fitment to our SP2 wheel is not guaranteed.
Our team at SVE has tested the following to fit: Shelby GT350 Center Caps

I think its mentioned somewhere in this thread that the pony caps can fit with little modification. There are so many pages, I can't remember where though.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Right from the LMR SP2 page:
OE Center Cap Note
Due to variations in the manufacturing of most stock center caps made by Ford, fitment to our SP2 wheel is not guaranteed.
Our team at SVE has tested the following to fit: Shelby GT350 Center Caps

I think its mentioned somewhere in this thread that the pony caps can fit with little modification. There are so many pages, I can't remember where though.

sorry about that, ive read multiple sources on both wheels, one of I think its MMR that accepts oem center caps then, because I was told on the mustang group page that one of the two accepts the oem one. Can you comment on the sizing though? Which of the wheels would be closest to fitting on my car with the flushness?

I really dig the looks. only problem I chipped a couple spots on my g2 calipers and touched up w paint that unfortunately is quite a bit off, like a couple specs, but whatever.

edit. that ford center cap isn't bad, I just would prefer a pony chrome.

Guess its MMR, says accepts factory center cap- not sure if that means the gt350 ford one, or pony though.
https://www.americanmuscle.com/mrr-m350-black-19x11-1516.html

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
The MMR and LMR 350 rep wheels are pretty close to each other. LMR 19x10 is +40 and so is the MMR. The 19x11 LMR is +50 and the MMR is +55.

They are almost the same and both will fit properly as they are both made for the S550.

That's about as far as my knowledge goes.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
MMR != MRR.
It's a stupid piece of plastic, I don't understand this fascination with caps... There doesn't appear to be an actual standard on caps so the lip the plastic tabs 'snap' over may be positioned too far/close etc.

Because I don’t like aftermarket wheel Caps, the ponies match the decklid pony and grill pony.

So to me, absolutely matters.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nagare

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Which wheels get down to that price? I would be very interested in a set myself
There were a few different styles, can't remember which ones exactly but it was during their Black Friday sales. The SP2 definitely didn't drop that low though.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
There were a few different styles, can't remember which ones exactly but it was during their Black Friday sales. The SP2 definitely didn't drop that low though.
S350 Style was down to 650$ for a 19x10 set. I know as I hope they drop the same at the Memorial day sale as I want to get a set for the track.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I'm trying to make a EB=PP2
LOL, I skipped the EBPP option because I knew I'd end up upgrading the suspension and I had no use for summer only tires on my DD. I started out planning to build a EBPP2, but the parts I've installed so far make it more of a GT230.
Now I need to select the wheels, I got the Black Accent Package as a placeholder for things to come and I love the way the gloss black looks on the car. It's probably down to these SP2s, S350s or R350s. The good news is that Black Accent wheels are only 26.x lbs, the bad news is that I won't have the weight reduction that you get from replacing heavier wheels.

Last edited:

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
LOL, I skipped the EBPP option because I knew I'd end up upgrading the suspension and I had no use for summer only tires on my DD. I started out planning to build a EBPP2, but the parts I've installed so far make it more of a GT230.
Now I need to select the wheels, I got the Black Accent Package as a placeholder for things to come and I love the way the gloss black looks on the car. It's probably down to these SP2s, S350s or R350s. The good news is that Black Accent wheels are only 26.x lbs, the bad news is that I won't have the weight reduction that you get from replacing heavier wheels.
GT230... I like that!

I think when I upgraded wheels/tires, the lighter wheels and heavier tires came out to nearly a wash. That's OK in my book. I was banking on trying to push the stock summer tires through winter, but the Pirelli P0's were really slick when the temps dropped down below 40*F. I was basically fish-tailing as I pulled away from my driveway normally... I had no faith that the tires would be able to stop the car any better than that, and stopping is the time that my commute gets exciting. The PP looked great for playing in stock class autoX, so hopefully that will still be where I spend a little time in 2020.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Just ordered a set of these in graphite in 19x10 square, going with Indy 500's in 285/35.

Anyone have a pic of this setup with stock suspension? Trying to decide if I'll need to go with a mild drop to close the wheel gap some.

Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Because I don’t like aftermarket wheel Caps, the ponies match the decklid pony and grill pony.

So to me, absolutely matters.
You can use a small amount of silicone on the center caps to hold them if they don't fit tight. I have silicone holding my winter beater center caps on and they aren't going anywhere.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Just ordered a set of these in graphite in 19x10 square, going with Indy 500's in 285/35.

Anyone have a pic of this setup with stock suspension? Trying to decide if I'll need to go with a mild drop to close the wheel gap some.
Redfirev8 posted some back here:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/new-lmr-sve-sp2-wheels-pp2-replica.113960/page-14

He had 40 series tires so yours are going to be a bit smaller in OD and present with more wheel gap. A few pages later he lowered the car.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP

Same size wheels & tires, but different style. Performance Pack suspension:
44884193814_f16aea653f_c.jpg
SVE_GT7-06 by clair_davis, on Flickr

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Mounted them up today, really happy with how it sits. I thought the wheel gap would be worse. PP1 center caps snapped right in.
IMG_1958.jpeg
IMG_1959.jpeg
IMG_1956.jpeg
Sponsored