New LMR SVE SP2 Wheels (PP2 Replica)

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Looks like all of the SP2's are listed that way.
These wheels were very popular and I find it hard to believe that they would discontinue them.
I'm still under the impression that it's due to a supply chain issue.
Agreed, and something was up even before covid. Bronze was out of stock since sometime last fall I think? Maybe it’s a happy coincidence and they’ve pivoted to the Mach 1 handling package wheels or some other interesting design.

I didn’t buy a graphite set in February and don’t feel bothered that they’re gone, maybe I’ll make a decision some day lol easier with one less choice off the table.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Agreed, and something was up even before covid. Bronze was out of stock since sometime last fall I think? Maybe it’s a happy coincidence and they’ve pivoted to the Mach 1 handling package wheels or some other interesting design.

I didn’t buy a graphite set in February and don’t feel bothered that they’re gone, maybe I’ll make a decision some day lol easier with one less choice off the table.
Not a fan of the mach1 wheels. I'd rather an easier wheel to clean than the pp1 wheels...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if they got sued by Ford or something.
I guess it's possible but seems unlikely. Is there a TM on Ford's wheel design? If you browse wheels you'll see 5-7 different manufactures with the same wheel. So either they all use the same design house or the Chinese plants rip each other off (likely) or wheel shape is not worth getting a TM on or it's unenforceable in practical terms.

Sponsored

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
WOW! Sure am glad I chose to go a different route in April after waiting since fall. It woulda been really disappointing to have this happen had I tried to wait it out. An explanation as to the reason for discontinuation to the customers on their waiting notification list should be expected and maybe a coupon code to use on another purchase.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
WOW! Sure am glad I chose to go a different route in April after waiting since fall. It woulda been really disappointing to have this happen had I tried to wait it out. An explanation as to the reason for discontinuation to the customers on their waiting notification list should be expected and maybe a coupon code to use on another purchase.
I'm super bummed. I did contact them to ask what's up.

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
I guess it's possible but seems unlikely. Is there a TM on Ford's wheel design? If you browse wheels you'll see 5-7 different manufactures with the same wheel. So either they all use the same design house or the Chinese plants rip each other off (likely) or wheel shape is not worth getting a TM on or it's unenforceable in practical terms.
I agree, but why remove it completely from the site? That's what's so odd here.

Gbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I was waiting to buy these but now they're unlisted. RTR tech 5 is similar but not as good looking :(

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1

Sponsored

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I wonder if they got sued by Ford or something.
LMR also makes a GT350 and GT350R replica wheels and those are still listed. Would think if Ford had an issue, it would be with all of them, not just one style.

I have been torn between the R357 and the SP2’s, guess LMR just made my decision for me...now we just need a good discount on the R357’s.

Doug

gismo4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT PP1
LMR also makes a GT350 and GT350R replica wheels and those are still listed. Would think if Ford had an issue, it would be with all of them, not just one style.

I have been torn between the R357 and the SP2’s, guess LMR just made my decision for me...now we just need a good discount on the R357’s.

Doug
I was thinking Ford Performance. They don't make a gt350/r style wheel, but they make a pp2 style wheel. It's still odd regardless. Hopefully we know what's going on soon.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
I was thinking Ford Performance. They don't make a gt350/r style wheel, but they make a pp2 style wheel. It's still odd regardless. Hopefully we know what's going on soon.
Problem is they sell it as a staggered set, they are more money, and heavier.

spaz mk will

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Not a fan of the mach1 wheels. I'd rather an easier wheel to clean than the pp1 wheels...
Can’t say I would be interested in that replica either, but those in that thread sure are. I would be excited if only because it shows that they’ll put out something “new” every few years which is good.