Cold Zero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mahdi
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Hey,

I have only one key for my car. The other one lost. Will get new one from the dealaer.
So I'm planning to go the local dealer to program both keys (The old one and the new one I'm getting).

My car is tuned by lund racing. Will the car flash back to stock for key programming ?
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Probably not, key info is stored in the BCM to my knowledge. Different module. They may try to update the car to the newest PCM revision while they're at it though, so you should tell them not to do that. Although from what I've seen the dealer update tool won't even interface with a flashed PCM correctly, so you should be fine.

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Hey,

I have only one key for my car. The other one lost. Will get new one from the dealaer.
So I'm planning to go the local dealer to program both keys (The old one and the new one I'm getting).

My car is tuned by lund racing. Will the car flash back to stock for key programming ?
Depending on how it's tuned they may have some issues. Roush uses their own version of IDS for their tuned cars and using Ford's software results in a blank PCM error and wants to reprogram the PCM. We don't see many tuned vehicles from other tuners, and if we have, we haven't had a problem. @ice445 is correct, key info is stored in the BCM. The BCM then sends the key info to the PCM.
Sponsored