New hood finally open

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
The Verus vent looks great, but it's stick on. Adhesive only. I don't really have an issue with that; if done right, it's not coming off. But have seen some peeps complain...whatever. That Phoenix one looks like a similar fit but looks like some screw/rivet holes on that one. Haven't seen it installed.

What I wish is that someone would make a really good, close to exact replica of the GT4 hood, or even some aftermarket installed vents only. The Trackspec vents are cool, and are close, but not exact.
Phoenix just released their side vents as well. Still have the same rivets though. Your only mounting options are rivets or adhesive. Noone has gone to the effort of using studs on the vents to be secured from the back.

Sponsored

mech94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Been on the fence about this hood can you see if there is any extra clearance between the intake and the hood trying to fit a cobra jet without lowering the motor

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
That phoenix vent looks pretty good. The shape of theirs is very GT4ish. Hadn’t seen anything on those and doesn’t appear to be on website yet. Maybe otw.

Sponsored

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Can the carbon be painted? I was thinking painting it body color and making the Mach stripe by not painting the Carbon. I think that would be very cool.

Tatonka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2018 GT350SE, 2020 GT350 Heritage
tempImageHb7yzb.jpg

Yes the carbon can be painted. Highly recommend putting a layer of clear on whatever is exposed.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
How well do they fit the car?
It's not like fiberglass that you can body work, if you want to keep the carbon look.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Can the carbon be painted? I was thinking painting it body color and making the Mach stripe by not painting the Carbon. I think that would be very cool.
I like that idea, I'd clear it a few times first, so in case you change your mind, you can sand off the color and not touch the carbon panel itself.

Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
But dang, I gotta say...there certainly is an appearance/quality difference between @svttim 's hood and some aftermarket add-on pieces, that's for sure. Looks awesome. Wonder how it would be trying to install the side vents on the Anderson hood??? LOL. Yeah, who's gonna tackle that one?!?!

OP
OP
svttim

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
But dang, I gotta say...there certainly is an appearance/quality difference between @svttim 's hood and some aftermarket add-on pieces, that's for sure. Looks awesome. Wonder how it would be trying to install the side vents on the Anderson hood??? LOL. Yeah, who's gonna tackle that one?!?!
The Anderson hoods quality is amazing. Fit and finish is better than stock. They do make a hood with side vents

https://andersoncomposites.com/coll...elby-gt350-double-sided-dry-carbon-fiber-hood

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeeaahh, I saw that one. I wish Anderson would just go full tilt and make the whole GT4 hood.
Sponsored