New here

nomorework

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello all,new to this forum. Will be trading my 2016 Corvette Stingray for a 2016 Mustang GT PP tomorrow morning, so will be asking a million questions !
Sponsored

austexstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Race Red and 1965 Coupe 289
Hello all,new to this forum. Will be trading my 2016 Corvette Stingray for a 2016 Mustang GT PP tomorrow morning, so will be asking a million questions !
Welcome....
This is a great Forum with plenty of info for all of your questions.

Deleted member 35786

Stingray for Mustang? Please give us the backstory and reasoning with this one..

Last edited by a moderator:

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
Welcome!! All i have to say is soak up as much information from the forums as you can, if you plan to add any modifications feel free to shoot me a message with any questions. www.lethalperformance.com

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Pics or it didn't happen.

Sponsored

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium

Zay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I too, would like to know why you are going from a Stingray to a Mustang, Im looking at C7 ZO6, cant decide on Manual or Auto.

1stBluesCup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP, '07 Miata MX-5, 2006 Tundra SR5
Maybe he needs a "family car" or just had twins.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
A million questions? Well, you're lucky: There are at least a million answers here, some of them correct or useful or worthwhile. Keep a sharp eye out.

OP
OP
nomorework

nomorework

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
First let me say that my background has always been in muscle cars, my first one being a 65 GTO. After returning home from 2 years in the Army I bought a 1967 GTX, a Camaro and several Chevelle's, and then came the family station wagon ! Fast forward and I am all grown up so I get a couple of Corvettes and then because I"m bored I dive into a 96 Mustang GT do the usual add ons and then have to sell it because of a divorce. That gets straightened out I, get back on my feet and I inherit a house with my siblings which gets sold. I soon get a call from a friend who buys and sells high end and exotic cars and he tells me he just bought a 2016 Stingray with 500 miles on it which I purchased. When you own these cars you enter into a certain mindset thinking you are far superior than everybody else, that you own some kind of a supercar and that you should constantly wash, wax and park your car to preserve it's value. Comments at Corvette events were " If I had known it was going to rain today I would have left my car home. and Why do you have those wheels on your car they are the wrong year?"
This is not who I am, this made me uncomfortable and found I really did not like most Corvette owners that I met, I am not a follower. Now to the car itself, Chevy hit a homerun with the C7 it is an awesome car, but to really enjoy it you need to live where the roads are, curvy, well maintained and not congested 24/7 with traffic because it is a " sports car ". I live in Massachusetts and I would kill to have one of these requirements, but that ain't happening. So that is the back story and after driving the 16 Mustang I was blown away with how far Ford has come with these cars so because it better suits me and my style of car ownership. Hope I didn't put anybody to sleep with this saga! LOL

Sponsored

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
First let me say that my background has always been in muscle cars, my first one being a 65 GTO. After returning home from 2 years in the Army I bought a 1967 GTX, a Camaro and several Chevelle's, and then came the family station wagon ! Fast forward and I am all grown up so I get a couple of Corvettes and then because I"m bored I dive into a 96 Mustang GT do the usual add ons and then have to sell it because of a divorce. That gets straightened out I, get back on my feet and I inherit a house with my siblings which gets sold. I soon get a call from a friend who buys and sells high end and exotic cars and he tells me he just bought a 2016 Stingray with 500 miles on it which I purchased. When you own these cars you enter into a certain mindset thinking you are far superior than everybody else, that you own some kind of a supercar and that you should constantly wash, wax and park your car to preserve it's value. Comments at Corvette events were " If I had known it was going to rain today I would have left my car home. and Why do you have those wheels on your car they are the wrong year?"
This is not who I am, this made me uncomfortable and found I really did not like most Corvette owners that I met, I am not a follower. Now to the car itself, Chevy hit a homerun with the C7 it is an awesome car, but to really enjoy it you need to live where the roads are, curvy, well maintained and not congested 24/7 with traffic because it is a " sports car ". I live in Massachusetts and I would kill to have one of these requirements, but that ain't happening. So that is the back story and after driving the 16 Mustang I was blown away with how far Ford has come with these cars so because it better suits me and my style of car ownership. Hope I didn't put anybody to sleep with this saga! LOL
O crap, I dont like to drive my Mustang in the rain either...:rain::frown: I must be one of THEM:shock:

1stBluesCup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP, '07 Miata MX-5, 2006 Tundra SR5
I can relate to your manifesto, although I am a mere 1st time muscle car owner (if you don't count the 84 Dodge daytona turbo as a muscle car). I agree 100% about living where you can get out on good roads. I live in DFW and can get out on some decent roads, but much rather be able to drive my beast out in NM, Utah or CO. Owning one of these cars in a place like LA or SF would be like keeping a racehorse in your backyard.

OP
OP
nomorework

nomorework

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
O crap, I dont like to drive my Mustang in the rain either...:rain::frown: I must be one of THEM:shock:
I went to a Corvette weekend in Maine and people were laying out pieces of carboard to wipe off the front chassis of the car because it had gotten wet!!!!

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I went to a Corvette weekend in Maine and people were laying out pieces of carboard to wipe off the front chassis of the car because it had gotten wet!!!!
Sheesh, I never thought of that. Now I know what to do with that cardboard box sitting in the garage. :)
Sponsored