MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Maybe he needs a "family car" or just had twins.

... or just wants something different. I think some people make the Vette too much of a unicorn, it's just a car, it's kind of quick, looks pretty good, etc., etc., but it's not like someone trading in their 488GTB for a Civic ... :crazy:
Sponsored

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Get a pack of these from costco. I've slid under the car on them quite comfortably.
20190811_110300.jpg
OOO, even better. You would have thought that Corvette guys would be using those...not cardboard. ( I hope the sarcasm in all this hasn't been lost):)

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
I went to a Corvette weekend in Maine and people were laying out pieces of carboard to wipe off the front chassis of the car because it had gotten wet!!!!
I do this with my Mustang. It is not behavior that is solely related to Corvette ownership. It's called caring what your car looks like when at a meet with other people checking it out. Had my car for close to 2 years, and I can still count on one hand the times that it's seen rain. Keeping it clean is called having pride in something that you own.

OP
OP
nomorework

nomorework

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I do this with my Mustang. It is not behavior that is solely related to Corvette ownership. It's called caring what your car looks like when at a meet with other people checking it out. Had my car for close to 2 years, and I can still count on one hand the times that it's seen rain. Keeping it clean is called having pride in something that you own.
I also have pride in my vehicles and keep them clean to the best of my ability, but I won't ever not drive a car because it is raining out !!! Been to many car shows and cruise nights over the years and have never looked under somebody's car to see if the frame was dirty. Considering your comments and your attitude feel free to scroll right on by anything I post in the future !!!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I also have pride in my vehicles and keep them clean to the best of my ability, but I won't ever not drive a car because it is raining out !!! Been to many car shows and cruise nights over the years and have never looked under somebody's car to see if the frame was dirty. Considering your comments and your attitude feel free to scroll right on by anything I post in the future !!!
+1

I have a hood with pretty large vents on each side and the Stang has seen a little bit of everything. Mist, torrential downpours, severe thunderstorms, snow storms, even hail(unfortunately). It has never missed a beat. Don't let the weather or even a person dictate when you can drive your car. Drive it whenever you feel like it. You can't take it with you whenever you go. Also, why keep it locked away to get it ready for the next owner when you could be enjoying it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
nomorework

nomorework

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
+1

I have a hood with pretty large vents on each side and the Stang has seen a little bit of everything. Mist, torrential downpours, severe thunderstorms, snow storms, even hail(unfortunately). It has never missed a beat. Don't let the weather or even a person dictate when you can drive your car. Drive it whenever you feel like it. You can't take it with you whenever you go. Also, why keep it locked away to get it ready for the next owner when you could be enjoying it?
Thanks for your response, I bought my car to drive, I live in New England so I see all kinds of weather here so you drive accordingly ! Not much for " Garage Queens " but whatever floats your boat.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I occasionally see cars posted for sale with a "Never driven in the rain", and wonder WTSF. If you live in Florida it can go from a completely clear blue sky to a typhoon in like 30 minutes, so unless you've __never__ driven your car at all, it's almost impossible to avoid a shower.

Plus, what exactly is the sales angle, I mean, was it also never washed, you know because ... water. :crazy: